Thursday, January 10, 2008

A few of My Favorite Things


This is my entry for the February My Favorite things Guest Designer Challenge: create something out of the box (My Favorite!) using MFT stamps, but the project cannot be rectangle or a square. I thought constructing that iconic headless lady* we all know and love would be most appropriate! (Thanks, Donna for loaning me the set, had no idea I'd be inking it up so soon!!)

For this card, I sketched out the shape on another piece of paper to figure out the proportions. Then I took a rectangular piece of DP cut A2 size, and cut out my dress. Then I adhered the dress Blush Blossom folded base.and started cutting that, starting on one side with the shoulder, then down the arm and the dress. To make the other side match up, take the paper you just trimmed off one side, flip, and lay it on the other side and cut around, and your card will be perfectly symmetrical. I cut out between the waist and the arm with a hobby blade. I used a "squished" B&C circle stamp from Papertrey for my tea tray and cut the oval shape with scalloped scissors, and adhered it with dimensionals to the card. Then I stamped and colored the Hot Stuff tea cups with watercolor crayons, then cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals on the tray. I wrapped some 5/8" grosgrain around the waist and added the halfback pearls using glue dots to form a necklace. Add a little Versamark cleavage and she's all done!


I hope I win the contest! I would be estatic to design for this company and gets lots of free stamps, I have countless MFT sets on my wishlist...(Don't know who's judging, but if you like this card, please feel free to leave a comment in my SCS gallery!! ;)

Please check back later for another idea I have for Hot Stuff!

If you don't recognize this shapely silhouette, go check her out at www.mftstamps.com

4 comments:

  1. oh my word! how cute is this!?! I HOPE YOU WIN!! there you go again, thinking 'outside the box'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever and adorable! It caught my eye on SCS - and I had to come check out your blog. You did a great job ....... and should be a definite winner. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! You have to win. If not there is something wrong with those judges. I was going to try and enter something too but I really don't have the time to come up with something by tonight and there is no way I have a chance of winning now anyways.:) You definitely deserve to win though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock...gotta say...I love the versamark cleavage..lol!

    You are so clever girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)