Saturday, January 3, 2009

Where Are They Now? Bee Burg!

Bee Burg, my readers' "favorite pick" the month of my "What's in your Tin?" contest, has been busy making..a BABY this year LOL! (and he is coming SOON, maybe today, so I thought I'd better hurry up and share LOL!!!! I have her addy if you want to send her a card!) ;) You can tell from today's project she's in "full nesting mode" and used images from my first THREE animals sets "Just So Hippy!", "Just So Hoppy", and "Hip Hop Accessories" to make these inspired closet dividers!!

Accck, it's so cute, I could eat em up!! (num num num) As you can see, this fabulous idea and design would be very easy to recreate with Classic and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities and a notch for the closet rod. You could change the colors and animals out to work for any nursery theme, I just love this! What a great project to gift a mom to be or her to make herself while she's "waiting", as a mom I know there's nothing like creating some special touches for your baby and his or her room to prepare for that most special of arrivals!!
Here's a little more about Bee:


Favorite technique: Paper dry embossing (I'm in love with my Cuttlebug folders ;-)) and I also love embossing with powder and my heatgun.
Favorite colors/color combo: I'm a rainbow kind of girl! The only color I don't like and use very rarely or in small touches is yellow. My favorite color is blue and I love pairing it with all kind of colors. Most of the time when I make a card or project it is with someone in mind so I get my color inspiration from the person or from the paper I feel like using that day, or the ribbon...
Favorite type of project to make that's not a card: Anything with my kids in mind, and maybe giftcards holders. Oh and those mini albums I have been making lately...:-)

Favorite Gina K set by Melanie: It's hard to say, but I would go with "Have a cookie" and "Hand-in-hand" even though I have neither of them (yet! ;-))...
Favorite Gina K sets (from any illustrator): Same as above! :-)
Craft supplies I can't live without: Well the basics: paper & cardstock, ribbons, stamps, coloring pencils and markers... for the "extras" I would say my Cuttlebug and the embossing folders and my Nestabilities... Of course Prima flowers and brads and...
I've been stamping for a little less than 1 1/2 year.
I get my inspiration from anything! But I am certainly influenced by all the crafty blogs I visit!.. ;-)
The most important things I've learned about stamping / cardmaking / scrapbooking are that's it's all about you! LOL! It's not about following rules or doing a perfect job or something that everyone will rave about, it's about having fun and expressing yourself! If in the process it makes someone else feel loved or appreciated then it's even better! :-D
I started papercrafting to have something just for me that I enjoy and that relaxes me. It is definitely liberating and rewarding. I had no clue I would "meet" (over the net ;-)) so many wonderful people in the process! ♥...
Some of my stamping/crafting goals are: Make my kids' photo albums (much catching up to do in that area, years!!!..). Scrapbook more. Make a recipe book for my daughter with traditional french recipes from my grandmother. Maybe one day (years from now!) design my own stamps? Who knows?...
Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are: I still see myself as kind of a newbie in that field so my accomplishments are still ahead of me!... ;-)


Thank you Bee for blessing us with your project today, I am just so touched my stamps are a part of that little boy's room! And I know we all wish you the VERY , VERY best for yor delivery, praying that it's safe and speedy, and a healthy mom and baby! :) Keep us updated!
Be sure to scroll down and leave a comment on the post below if you have not already for the Paper Temptress prizes! Winner of the BCDZYNS set and winner of Donna's planner announced this evening!!

41 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest items I have ever seen! I would have never even thought about doing something like that but what a great idea also!! Very, very, very,cute and made with one of my favorite stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, this is so cute...you are RIGHT, this project will make a great baby gift for some new babies coming soon!! :)
    Wow, Bee!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I just LOVE Bee and her amazing creativity!!! Those closet dividers are sooooo darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!! Those are absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Totally love 'em!!

    Jada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is just to darn cute. I love the the sets she used. I would have never thought about doing this. Bee is just so creative and just in a short time. These would be awesome baby gifts and I know they would be the talk of the party
    . Ummm...write this down. I might have to make these for my new little nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are just the coolest. i may have to try that concept out myself for when i become a grandma (way in the future)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The size markers are too cute! Lovely, but oh so practical. Super great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This are so sweet and would be a hit with any new Mom as a baby gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well these are just the most fantastically adorab;e little things I've ever seen!!! What a wonderful idea and super gift ideas for mom's to be!!! LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is adorable. I thought at first it was math cards. As you can tell, I have older children! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea. Love them.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGOSH! SO Cute! I love this idea (as well as the stamps!!!)

    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! These are the cutest dividers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These dividers are the best! Way too cute! I need to find a way to make these! My sister is pregnant with twins. How great a gift this would be for her. You are truly an inspiration, Bee. Are you sure you've only been stamping for 1 1/2years??? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool!! I would love to win!! If I do, could you please email me to let me know?

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just adorable. My dd just had a baby boy and how cute they would look in his closet? Do you know if she used chipboard to make them stiff and stable. I just love the creativity of this project.
    darlene
    djstamper2003 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. What a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are the cutest little baby separaters i have ever seen what a fantastic idea, so creative absolutely adorable, a new mum would definetly welcome these.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow... how wonderful and made with love are these.
    Good luck to mommy and baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are SO cute! I only wish I had seen these cute things last year when I had my baby! So, so cute! Wishing her a healthy baby and easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a baby shower tomorrow and made a scrapbook all set for photos but I just might have to make these tonight as as another present. So sweet and functional. What a great idea. My thanks for a beautiful project and all the best to Bee and her little one to be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. those are the cutest things and love your stamps perfect
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the zoo animals, they are so cute and what a cute idea Bee did on it. And the closet looked so special with the dividers. Nice project. I would love to have that set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WHAT AN ORIGINAL IDEA!
    IF YOU SCORE JUST UNDER THE HOLE YOU COULD HANG THEM ON THE HANGERS FOR SIZES AND PRICES IF YOU SELLING KIDS CLOTHING TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The closet dividers are adorable and.. how organized can you be?? It's a great idea. I never had babies so I don't know if I'd have thought to organize them by size, so I think it's very novel and innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a totally clever idea. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are just adorable. What a clever idea!
    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are sooo cute! Very clever and functional! Two of my hubby's friends are about to be come first time parents! I know what I will be making!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Perfect for my friend who just had her first baby! What a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this idea - and I am going to use it for my neighbor with the most precious little guy. They have just bought their first house and will be moving (I'm sad), but they'll be close enough to visit so that's a good thing. This will be a perfect addition to the goodies I'm making for the babies room...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh how darling are these!!!! A happy, safe and healthy delivery for Bee. Let us know babys name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have no children, but what an adorable idea! I know a few ladies who are going to just love this! They're very cute!

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fabulous project - so adorable!! Love it!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is the cutest way to organize the different sizes!! Your images are so perfect for it! Great job, Bee!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely adorable and practical. Will case two sets Tuesday. Thank you so much for sharing!! Luv Luv Luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a perfect gift to be included with your shower gift. thanks so much for sharing. We have a baby due in the family in Feb. I better get busy.. MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  37. Bee is beyond creative. I think we need to create a new word. How did she think of this project? OMG!! I'm blown away. TFS!

    Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Waow, Melanie!!... Such a sweet post just for me, I'm not worthy! *blushes*
    What can I say, your stamps are an inspiration!! :-)
    There were a perfect match for this project and they'll bring a smile every time I am looking for clothes for my little guy! :-D

    (PS: baby is still in there, just getting a little tight! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea! It's absolutely perfect. I can see modifying that for other aged closets as well. Thanks for sharing this idea.
    Kristina G

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)