Monday, April 7, 2008

Can't think of a title I like for this post!

I think I might need to start using an elapsed timer when I make my cards to let you know how long they take:"assembly time" vs "assembly plus thinking/testing/fretting time"! Without the fretting this would have been a fast card! I made this about a couple weeks ago but hadn't gotten around to posting it... The problem I had here was despite my many ink colors, I didn't have ONE that was a satisfactory match for any of the colors in this DP (source unknown, sorry!) I was intent on using!! (You may recognize it from my first sneak peek of the giraffe. ) In the end I didn't do ANY stamping and just punched a scallop out of my DP and stuck a Prima with a brad on it for my focal point! I did put my greeting inside though (SU! Ruby Red)
I made the scalloped edge with my slit punch (with the corner guide removed) If you've done this before, have you noticed it makes a little "embossed" dot in the center of the scallop? I used the dot as a guide to go back along and punch my holes in the center with my 1/4"hole punch. This added a nice detail and allows that fabulous DP to peek through. The scallop punch is backed with a piece of CS punched to stiffen it and mounted on a dimensional, which when overlapped this way keeps the cards closed, but is easily opened. This peachy pink paper is from a DCVW Textured Earth Tone 12x12 stack. The great big "Especially for You" (the only stamping i did on this card!) is from WIYT?2.

It's not quite a gate fold card (that meets in the middle and can be made by 8 1/2 " by 11" CS) As you can see here these overlap, it measures 10" x 5 1/2", scored , but then ends up A2 sized. :).
The inspiration for this card was Monday's flap card challenge on SCS a couple weeks back, but then, you know, I had to go changin' it, now unrecognizable to the challenge!! oh well!

Quote: "Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes I even have trouble doing it." ~Tallulah Bankhead

9 comments:

  1. I think a good title would be Floral Fantasy! Oh so very pretty! I love that fold and the punchie holding it closed. I just made my first gate fold and without the ribbon it doesn't even come close to staying folded!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! The fold is terrific and the scallop with the punched out circles just helps that beautiful dp pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remember to use this gate fold card! Love how it is held closed! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title, completely cracked me up!! I think that is the hardest part about posting!! Your card is so pretty, and I love the dp you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the papers and scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an AMAZING card---i love it and how it opens...you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)