Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Couple that Plays Together...

stays together! This card uses the kangaroo from "Just So Hoppy" and five new stamps from "Hip Hop Accessories"(now available for purchase!), can you find them all?* This is the first time I put two large kangaroos together, isn't it fun how easy it is to make them holding hands?? (no masking, just cut one out and adhere!) I was really excited to add a kite image to this set for all your animals to fly: nothing is quite as carefree as a kite and it makes the perfect little embellishment to float outside your focal point mat in whatever spot you card is needing "just a little something extra"! TIP: The kite looks terrific when stamped on DP and mounted on a dimensional. :)

The kangaroo baby fits inside the big one's pocket. Two ways to do this(and one of them is not masking, there are easier ways for this one, but if you really insist (shrug), go for it!): 1) Stamp and cut the kangaroo in half, adhering just above the pouch line. 2) Kick it up a notch by cutting out the baby, and stamping the large kangaroo a second time, cutting out the bottom portion of her body to mount on dimensionals over the baby roo for a 3 D/paper tole effect, as shown here. I had to give you the whole image in the set though, not just the top half, so it can hop out alongside it's mom whenever you think he/she is ready! ;)
EDITED TO ADD: one large kangaroo was colored with a Copic, one with an SU! marker. Can you tell which?**


Are you lovin' the little grass image as much as I am?? Now I want to go back to all all the cards in my basket and add grass! This is a really quick and easy way to "ground" your animals, no pun intended!! Stamp at random and color to make a little pasture, or just under each foot. You can also stamp them along an imaginary horizon with space in between and link them with a thin sketchy ink line.


And of course you have to wish the hoppy couple a "Hoppy anniversary"! also included! inside! :) Scallop & circle punches and 5/8" grosgrain is SU!, paper is Wild Asparagus and DCVW


Check back for more hip hop samples later and a new tip sheet! Thanks for stopping by!

*kite, grass, baby roo, "to the", "hoppiest", "couple"

** the red one uses SU! I didn't have this rust color in a Copic but I wanted to see if "coloring in circles" the way you do with copics worked with a regualr marker: I think it definitely cuts down on the stroke lines you see! Give it a try!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I fell in love with this darling trio at the release party! That baby kanga is the sweetest thang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! These are already ordered and on their way to my house!! Well, okay, so Gina needs a LITTLE sleep first!!! LOL I totally told my family you'd have a Roo in the pocket!!! Oh yeah...and Linsey said she wanted to eat that little 'Roo with a spoon!!! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable!! I ordered my set tonight...yay! All of your samples for the party were ROCKIN', girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me smile every time I see it!!! :-D I just love it! 8happy sight*

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this? Can't wait to get this set! And see all your other creation using it!

    Hope your little guy is doing ok today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww!! So sweet Melanie,love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heheee...just the cutest little family! Congrats again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are awesome. I love this blog and look forward to reading it every day! This new set is so cute.You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so totally adorable!!! I can't wait to own this set!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)