Sunday, April 6, 2008

Creamy, Mossy Apricots???


I read the name of this challenge last week and almost threw up! (did my title have that effect on you, too? Sorry!) But it turned out to be a nice subtle combo, pleasant for Spring. Throwing in the caramel gave it an earthy feel. (The SPA was FABULOUS BTW, thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and inquiries about it, but will be a very long post as I try to transport you all on a "virtual spa adventure!" (and I also have to photograph more cards I received yesterday!!) So check back, this one's a quickie, trying to spend some time with "the fam" today since I ditched them on my birthday!)


The label image from the tin set is a great size and shape to frame your focal points on cards. Here I made a kind of triptych to spotlight the different flowers, I love this type of layout, especially for florals. I chose this border because the thin and thicker double line are a nice match for the strokes in the flower artwork. I stamped the middle border first, then masked it to do the frames on either side. SU! markers, watercolor crayons and Aquapainter were used to color everything in. I cut out a second tulip and mounted it at an angle to look like it was tied in a little bundle to give the card some dimension. This time I remembered to get out my corner rounder and punch some of the mats to match my rounded borders. A little apricot grosgrain and a greeting from the Spring Blooms set finished it off. Lots of layers for me, but kind of had to since the challenge used four colors.


I'm making this card for a swap. What do you think? EDITED TO ADD: DOH!!!! I wasn't supposed to post this!! Oh well, now I'm making a new swap! Looks like I have some cards to send out, if you are expecting a thank you card from me, you might know what it'll look like...!

More later! lots more! Plus some announcements!! Have funny day! :)

7 comments:

  1. Great looking card. Your coloring and shading is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I LOVE how you used the label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really nice, great use for your labels-looking forward to hearing about your birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!! Lucky swappers!! I love how you framed the flowers with your tin frame....that set is just so amazingly versatile!! Can't wait to hear all about your Spa get-away!! Enjoy your Sunday with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been awarded the Arte Y Pico award, details here: http://dare2beecreative.blogspot.com/2008/04/arte-y-pico-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swappers will love that card, and don't you dare go create another one, that must have taken a LOT of work. You're so clever with the frame from the tins!

    Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up!! Totally sounds like something I would do, in fact I have done it before!! Either way,it is a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)