Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More is More!!

As promised, here are two "souped up More is More" versions of the previous card! It didn't add that much time, but it definitely kicks it up a few notches! I loved the stitched outline of the circles on the DP, so I decided to create a faux stitched border to match to my focal point using a straight edge and my SU! Close to Cocoa marker. While I as at it, it only made sense to go ahead and faux stitch the larger mat! Next I added a Certainly Celery button with a glue dot to match the circles on the DP pattern, placing it at that bottom third intersection(Rules of thirds) Don't know if you can see, but I drew on a couple lines between the button holes with my cocoa marker to look like I'd threaded it on with the same brown "thread".
Now go one step further and add another layer of ribbon!(Actually this week's technique challenge ON SCS, stacked ribbon!) really adds a lot of luxury to the project! Jessie sent me this great double-stitched ribbon for my bday, which works SO well with the rest of the stitching on this card, you'll be seeing it again later tonight!!:) I love how the two pinks complement each other! Neither layer of ribbon is actually wrapped around the card, instead I cut both using my Fiskars ribbon scissors at an angle and attached with glue dots.

So what do you think when you compare the cards? It's okay if you like the original best, sometimes LESS IS MORE! There's a time and a place I think for both :)

Okay, who's ready for the big MINI release??!! ;) I'll be posting another card tonight using another Kindred Spirit image(tonight at midnight when the new stamps go on sale at Gina K Designs!!), it's a FUN one, with a mini tutorial on how to make it interactive, I just LOVE how it turned out!! Can't wait, can't wait!! See you again in a few hours, (the rest of the Design Team will have more samples as well to continue the journey!! :)

PS I added a little more shadow at the bottom, too, with my Pale Aqua Copic, I'd forgotten about it on the first version! Did you notice...?

4 comments:

  1. I like the double ribbon technique...so I guess I'd vote for this one. I'll be back tonight after my purchases - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I do really like both of the cards.......I'm one of those MORE is MORE kinda gals!!! So that one would be my fave!! Fabulous cards Melanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the double ribbon the best, but you know how I feel about excess!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "more" version is very nice as well!! Love the additions!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)