Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We Can't ALL Be Handy...


Let the "Mr. Fix it" in your life know you love him even if the "honey-do" list never gets any shorter! This card using Rupa Shevde's new "King of the Grill" set is definitely NOT for my husband Paul, who is about the handiest person around, but I couldn't resist making this card when I saw the hammer and nails! You could actually add an "s" to the end of "Mr". and it could be for ME, I've definitely left a few Swiss cheese walls behind when hanging a picture LOL!*(not so with Paul, he's always sure to have his pencil, stud finder, level, etc etc!)


I though a classic single layer panel (embossed with the square Classic Nestabilies) would be perfect (quick!) for a nice Father's day or masculine birthday card. The little framed picture which "frames" the greeting is on dimensionals, mounted slightly askew (in keeping with my theme!) and I used the piercing tool for my many random holes ( I love how this turned out!!!)and a little silver brad for the nail. I stamped, colored and cut out the hammer, shadowing both that and the stamped nails with a gray 20% Prismamarker. Very easy card!

*easily remedied by covering them with the big ol' picture!!

12 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! Too stinking cute! I love this card! Im gonna have to case this card and do one for my sister though, per your suggestion! You have such wonderful fun ideas! Just got my sets of yours the other day and am loving them! Thanks Mel for sharing your art with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too fun!! Soooo true on my part.......my hubby, the mathmatician, likes to make sure it's perfect before hammering.....not me....I just want the stinkin' picture hung up on the wall!!! LOL Another brilliant creative idea Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and looks so simple! YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Definitely not my dh either - he always has his level, measuring tape, hammer.... He always gets mad when I "eyeball" it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! That card would be perfect for my husband! We have swiss cheese walls in our house!
    I am loving that set! Awesome creativity going on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card. hmm you are lucky to have a handy hubby NOT mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just too funny! I LOVE all the holes! It looks like something I might have actually done myself:) Great card, sure to put a smile on someone's face:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really great idea! I'm the one knocking multiple holes... :) And I love your coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truely funny. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these latest cards are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOO funny, makes me think of your "book"!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)