Friday, April 11, 2008

You're a Star!

I just HAD to stuff some balloons from Just So Hoppy into the hand of this gleeful little baby!! :) Isn't that how we moms usually celebrate our own birthdays, running the kids around?* One balloon is cut out and popped up on a dimensional.


This is a fun and easy fold if you've never tried it, score your sheet at 4 1/4 " like usual, then score the front at 2 1/8" and fold back. Your focal point overlaps and then you add a punched shape, embellishment, or make a slit to hold it closed, (here I attached a star punch with an eyelet, and the mat tucks right under.) If you look at the pic in close up you'll see I also used the star eyelets for wheel spokes, I was so excited to see they fit, I've had these eyelets forever (and it was just what the card needed to go with this glittery star paper(both DPs are from DCVW mat packs.) It could still use a greeting in the corner, but I'm going to wait until I decide who to send it to for that... :)

More project ideas to come using the Kindred Spirits, expect the unexpected! Thanks for stopping by!

Make Someone's Day Update: I'm caught up now on sending out mailing info for the next RAK recipient. It's not too late to get involved if you'd be interested in sending a card, prayers especially are needed at this time! Thank you everyone who has inquired so far! :)
EDITED TO ADD: You have until 11 PM tonight to go leave an entry for Barb's awesome candy! :)

* I know what you might be thinking, but the spahhh this year was a RARE exception!!! ;)

10 comments:

  1. This is so super cute!!! Love that you added the balloons!! I guess I need to email you for the RAK info, I am so bad about remembering stuff anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute with the balloons!! I love the depth added with one of the balloons on dimensionals. And the eyelets are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melanie this card is just darling! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, and I love those star eyelets! How clever to use them on the wheels!! Nice job:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card... I am not a runner (per say) unless of course you count running around my sons and their friends to their different activities...but these gals are adorable. Finally stamps that look like me and my gal pals..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha!! I love the addition of the balloons & the star eyelets...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How how cute! LOVE those balloons with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is just way too cute! I love how you are incorporating accessories from Hippy and Hoppy into the Kindred Spirits creations! Oh, makes me think about what else can be used and how neat to expand out and think beyond just the 1 collection! You are so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your balloons work great with this, Melanie!! I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)