Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bling it ON!

The Gina K Designs Team all received their stamps about the same time last week and our new resident rock star Linsey emailed saying she wanted to figure out some way to put the zebra on a pole like a carousel, funny, I was thinking the same thing! (but really wasn't sure how I'd do it exactly! So we both had a challenge! (Coincidentally I'd also planned making a pink zebra card by the 20th, and then lo and behold, Gina K posted one similar to what I was going to make on her blog! So I had to change what I would create around to give you some new ideas, and incorporate some kind of ding dang pole!) I decided my best option on hand was ribbon(and although I'm not wild about the plain white ribbon, but it was the only one that worked with the colors I picked. I made a slit above and below the body and pulled it through then wrapped it around the card and tied, so you can pull it.



Scroll up and down for the full effect!! :)



I also added some pink gem stickers from Stampendous in the middle of my Gina K zoo brads to bring even more bling to these wild things, is that HOT, or what? The paper is from the same DCVW All Dressed Up mat pack, but I colored my ivory areas with my pretty in pink marker(couldn't locate my foam brayer that would have been better, but hey it worked! I love this trick of coloring in light areas of a monochromatic print like this(I first saw thi suggestion with SU! retired Au Chocolate DP to make any combo of brown and the color you desired, very cool!) and then colored my zebra to match! Looks like it's ready for a very wild night on the town! ;)


Linsey's peek at the party (click on the paperclip you see on the release party thread to view it and all the other great peeks) was TOO cute, I don't where she found/made that real pole!! You could used color straws or strips of paper too. Now I want to see who YOU'd do it! Anyone with some time on their hands want to construct some huge freakin' chipboard, blinged-out carousel?! Wouldn't that be cool?!


Later this week, a tip sheet and blog candy!!!

7 comments:

  1. so very clever....love both of the cards-----hmmmm...is that a challenge? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Card - When I first saw your new stamp set I too thought how CUTE would a pink-black and white be for the zebra. Once again - you've out-done-yourself. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Kadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay,not me, but that would be awesome!! Love this, it is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm.........yeah.......sooooo NOT me building a complete carousel!! LOL I love your Carousel Zebra that goes up and down......how totally creative and YOU!! You and Linsey both were just amazing with the carousel idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Melanie!! Another fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!! I love this! I wish I could make a blingy carousel. My mom collects them and that would be an awesome addition to her collection.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)