Friday, May 9, 2008

EASY Jewelry from Jackie G!

Here's Jackie and I, it was such a pleasure to meet her last weekend and I so appreciate all the work she put into arranging such a successful swap and trip. She was asking me about the handmade earrings I'd made for part of my door prize, and I learned something fun and easy from her, too! I just had to share her brilliant (cheap!) idea for making a fabulous slide, which you can see her modelling above. The pendant in the pic? It's a flattened glass marble (you can get a bag of about 30 for $1 at Hobby Lobby in the floral or candle department) with a rub-on underneath!!

She said it was important to seal the back with something (she applied some Crystal Effects) so it doesn't rub right off onto your skin! The silver bead at the top was attached with E-6000 glue(cheap, stinky, available at any craft store) Doesn't it look so elegant as a slide on that silver collar? Thanks Jackie, for the great tip and inspiration! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a neat tip. Will definitely do that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coooooooooool!!! I never would have thought of that..........and yet so simple and elegant!! Thanks for sharing that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I noticed it at the swap, but never thought to ask!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)