Thursday, May 1, 2008

Get the hang of it!

Here's the first card I made when my Hip-Hop set arrived. I used the metallic paste to rub over my different textures, the CB Distressed Stripes (nice grass!) and CB Floral Fantasy folder(which I think looks really cool with the giraffe print) and the scalloped Nestie. I hadn't posted it yet, because I thought it still needed a little something....how about this?!
TIP: To create some hanging signage, stamp and cut out several little "signs" (the square stamp) from Just So Hippy, then hand letter or stamp in your favorite small alpha stamps.(In hindsight (LOL!) I think drawing in my own letters would look better with this set/idea, like a kid wrote it) Lay them out in a curved "line" (since the middle will be the "heaviest") between your animals mouths or tails, and follow this imaginary line with a pen. Draw a little bow or dangling end on either side. Adhere the signs to the card. Here's a close up!
I thought it turned out so cute! Of course, a friend (who I will not name*) came over and asked, "What's "luvu"??" But you get it, right?? LUV U! I had a limited amount of space to work with here! For a longer message, be sure to orient your card long-ways. :)

Gotta run, getting ready for a big swap, putting the finishing touches on a prize, and some gifts for a few of my girls! (will share pics and deets of course for all of you at home!)
Hugs! it's almost the weekend, wheeeeeeeeee!
* it's okay, Vanessa, I'm sure a lot of other people didn't get it either

15 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie,that is so darn cute!!!
    TFS for the signs!! You are so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so dang cute. I have all my new stamps and haven't even had a chance to play with them grrrr I am really wanting to at the moment darn work

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV (it); while I was reading I thought it was Vanessa (too funny, before I saw you outted her) so clever, girl! gotta get that metallic paste (forgot on my last order, duh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one was fine too. Pretty coloring. I got it as soon as I saw it. Am I pretty smart or what :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I got it.. It's too cute, I love the Hippo and the Giraffe for hanging messages off their behinds. I think they are too cute like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are adorable, and I totally got it. Gotta work with the space ya got, right?! Adorable. I also love the colors, and that metallic paste --still gotta get me some. :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so fond of these giraffes! Love the banner between their tails - too cute! ILUVIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, complete fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got it this time, but I might not have gotten it in person. And that's one of the reasons I love Vanessa!
    Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LUV IT!!!!! LOL Truly........cuteness to the max!!! I thought it was just adorable before the sign...but even cuter now!! I need to make a baby Hippy/Hoppy card to brighten things up around here......it's snowing again!!! LOL Hugs backatcha girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond cute; your basket is amazing too; ANYONE would love to win that! NOW got any hints on your May release? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo adorable! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute, and I love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what's sad, when you said that your friend didn't get it, I knew who it was!!! Luv her too though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)