Monday, May 5, 2008

Gina K's Weekend Sketch!

Had to try out Gina K's extra long card sketch! Mine might seem a little redundant since she had two frogs on her card, but it gave me the idea to sketch them a couple of qucikie nets to chase the Hoppy butterflies! (very easy a loop on a stick with kind of a little flag flying behind, you can do it!) I wasn't sure of the exact measurement, but I made my finished card 4" x 7 3/4" (so cut your CS to 8" x 7 3/4" * so I could tuck it in a business sized envelope. ) I kind of messed up the corner at the bottom right of the top panel, I looked back at the sketch and saw it wasn't supposed to go all the way to the left corner. Oh well! I used my hop mark from Just So Hoppy to make them look like they are leaping off that diagonal DP, really like how that turned out. I colored everythign with Copics as well as my white brads for mathcing embellishemtns before putting through the Gina K Bling & Dazzle flower outlines.
I cut my "I sure look up to you" greeting from Hip Hop Accessories in half so I had the little "to you" to add to my "Hoppy Birthday!" greeting. I did not go buy a Jenome!: The wavy stitching is actually a trim stamp I got from a really cool set over the weekend, more samples with that later this one goes with pretty much any card, but the rest are adorable doody ones that look terrific with all my animal sets, so you'll be seeing/hearing more about them later! :)

I invite you all to hop in and play along! Be sure to put GKDLONG in your keywords section when you upload so we can view it among all the other smaples using this sketch in the gallery! :)
I'm going to use this sketch for creating another scene this week, but plan to flip it!
*looking back now, 8x8" probably would have been simpler!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! Love the little froggies with their nets, too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is that not toooooo cute with the froggies a-goin' butterfly catchin'!!! And I LOVE that trim that looks like fantastic stitching!! I'm just gonna have to be a looky-loo for a while as we move in 12 days!!! Auuuugghh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is just adorable! Love how they look like they are leaping off the border there...too cute! Love all of it! (cant wait to see all the 'smaples' too in the gallery) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Melanie, I like the little nets! and now I know those little things are hop marks! I was thinking flower stem!!!

    I made my 1st card using the frogs last night, lots of fun!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it ALL! the bright colors - the nets, just too cute! the faux stitching is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and so fun, love Gina's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie- I love these bright colors. This is such a CUTE card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, this is totally adorable! what a cute and creative idea, Melanie! I love it! That faux stitching looks awesome! (sorry I've been behind in comments-computer was attacked by worst virus EVER and just got back in commission!) hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure cuteness here!! I love it all, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)