Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Cinderella Story

After dancing the evening away, she began to feel the spell quickly fading. Her elegant swan legs were breaking out, her long neck was sprouting fuzz, it was definitely time to leave that ball! As she ran down the steps, she took one last look back as she felt her glass slipper fly off, but there was no time, or even a need, to go back. It had already been a magical night....
I love a good fairy tale, don't you?! To make the "one shoe off, one shoe on" I drew a line across the right foot, stamped the left foot a second time, making a line across that and cutting it out, then covering them both with Stardust Stickles. The little "whoosh" helps the illusion that it just left her foot. I wanted this card to be really atmospheric, so I used Michelle Zindorf's trick of going over my whole already colored image with Versamarker, coating with clear EP and embossing, so the ostrich would resist any ink colors I put over it. (Sorry I couldn't get it photographed better (click on it for a closeup), I wanted to get the sparkle of the glitter but not the glare from my clear embossed image, it was a little tricky, looks much better in real life). No brayering, just sponged some Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy and taken with Teal to match my Wild Asparagus DP colors. I chose this paper because I really wanted to use that swirly flourish in the corner, the "magic" following her as she ran. To make the most of these great loopy details, I used my hobby blade to cut around parts of the flourish so I could slide my matted focal point underneath. I accented these with Stickles, too just tracing certain parts, and added soem to her wings and tail.

The Laugh sentiment is SU!'s Lovely labels which I stamped in Basic Gray, then punched with my 1 3/8" circle and mounted on a scallop punched from the DCVW All Dressed Up pack. I punched a little 1/16" hole in each hump. There is also a little stickles in the center of each little loop, I love how these swirls matched my paper so well.

Thanks for stopping by, check back for more ostrich adventures! :)

18 comments:

  1. Love this litle card--really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!! Those swirls are so perfect with her little Fairy Tale adventure!!! LOVE the glass slippers!!! LOL Keep 'em coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful story . . . and I LOVE the glass slippers, terrific job with the Zindorf technique, too. Don't you just adore her cards as well?! Wow . . . what talent you both have. TFS with us. :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have that DP and never thought of adding more swirls...and in black yet! What a great idea. Love your cinderella story too. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely one of my favorite cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun are you. I love the story of the yet to be named ostrich.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story this card tells! Too stinkin' cute! The design is fabulous with all the elements and colors! I just love Miss "O" more and more:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, is there a Prince Ostrich coming our way? Great card, Melanie! Love all the elements of your design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful fairytale! This card is ADORABLE!!! I love that slipper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Great job on the background.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. So magical and beautiful, Love the DP with the added swirls!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so super cute Melanie!! Love the glass slippers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, I know I already posted here today, but . . . I have an award for you on my blog if you will accept it. :) I truly adore your cards, altered items, sense of humor and pics of your boys. As my good friend Lee would say . . . keep 'em comin'! *wink* Not sure how to make a link, but you can find me here --
    http://wishiniwasstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy smoke this card is so very fabulous!!! She is so pretty and I love all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing it with us.:)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)