Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just a Little Something

If this card looks tiny, it is! I made it for a 3x3* My Favorite Things Challenge last week. Isn't the poodle being such a good girl waiting to make her wish before diving into her cake?

Any dog-lovers out there? I'm guessing lots of you really do up their birthdays! Some less than this, but some even MORE I'm sure!) I just thought it would be so cut to omit one friend and have this sassy poodle dining with her human! To make it fit the card, though, I also had to trim the sides, top and bottom since the original image was a large rectangle, AND I had to cut the image in HALF, trimming around the left side of the table slide the poodle just behind the cake to splice the two parts together! can you see my seam?

I did a bunch of sponging and tried to add some more dramatic shadows across the face and table to create the illusion of a slightly dimmed room and a lit candle. The DP on the card and envelope is DCVW All Dressed Up, what a great investment this mat pack was! I used the scallop and circle punches to make the seal on my envelope, and the 1/16th punch to makes holes in each scallop hump, then added adhesive rhinestones to the little flourishes and also to the hodgepodge frame.

All the stamps for our new release arrive tomorrow, I am so excited to get working on samples for the party and gallery, the sets are all amazing!! I know I say that every month, but I love, love, LOVE my newest set and I hope you fall in love with it, too! I've be scrambling to find other things to share in the meantime, but the good news is, sneak peeks start on the Tuesday, the 17th! You'll have four days of previews here and on Gina K's and the other DT members blogs, can't wait, can't wait!

Please don't forget to go enter at least one thing for the upload challenge to win my new release! Yes, you have a whole week, but doen't risk saving it for the last minute and then running out of time, (right now there are only three people playing, those are pretty good odds for you, right, at least for the time being?!) ;)Remember, it can use any of my sets, and the drawing is random!

Back tomorrow, I've run into a bit of a snag with my Father's Day project so I might just have to photograph it partially finished to at least give you the gist of it, but we'll see, miracles do happen....!

* You'd think(or at least I thought!) it would be easier to not have to design using so much space, wrong!! I find any time I switch to another format bigger or smaller than my usual A2 and it's just uncomfortbale, but chaging things soemtimes helps us grow, right?)

6 comments:

  1. I love them. They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the thought of the dog having birthday cake is hilarious! So cute all dressed up in pink! I love how you created this, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the card size and the image. Especially since my dog is a poodle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh.....what a cute little puppy birthday card!! I never would have thought of that!! Of course, our dogs are huge!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)