Thursday, June 19, 2008

Meet My June Guest Designer!


I was first introduced to Jessica Rone's work when she submitted cards for my "Just So Hippy" contest in January, which earned her a Hippy mention. The following month, her beautiful card she submitted for my "Just So Hoppy" contest earned a Hoppy mention! She has been a great supporter of my stamps, through her both enthusiasm for them and the way she uses them to create such beautiful art work! I enjoy visiting her blog, her projects just seem to get better and better. Her style is very distinctive I think, tons of layers, outstanding colors (which I find can be challenging when using lots of colors and layers: which one goes on top? underneath? KWIM?) and lots of tiny details and embellishments that are always carefully selected and placed that provide the WOW! without being over-designed (again, difficult to do!)

I had the opportunity to meet her at the swap in Arlington, and was able to hold the samples she'd made for My Favorite Things as their Guest Designer for the month in my own hands, her work is even more stunning in real life! Although I got several other amazing submissions from other designers for this contest that I know would have worked very hard and done an outstanding job, I felt her style in particular would be a fabulous way showcase my newest set. She is VERY excited about these new stamps and has been busy creating samples(but you'll have to wait for a peek, for now you can peruse her awesome gallery), you'll be able to see the first in just a few hours along with Gina's and our other design team members, I can't wait! I will also be featuring her projects weekly on my blog this month, get ready to "ooh" and "ahh"!

Jessie has been stamping for six years and is on the Paper Pretties Team, becoming their Design Team Coordinator last month. She was also been a guest designer of the month for My Favorite Things. Leave her some love here or on her blog! Congrats, Jessie!

SO! July will be a NEW month, and with that I'll have a NEW release and need a NEW guest designer! I will be posting details about how to enter after the release, but I will say now to everyone reading PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE submit for this position! I am VERY excited about July's set, it is an idea I have been sitting on since last NOVEMBER so I am just thrilled it is almost here! It is going to be so fun to work with and different than anything you have I think, at least completely different than anything I have released so far, so again I will be looking for a style and sensibility to match! So this might be your month! (and August has something completely different from me as well!) :)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Melanie for the FABULOUS honor!! I can't wait to have my stuff posted along with the super talented Gina K. design team!! Your new set is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your July release sounds AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Jessie!! She is so very talented, and a perfect choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea for Jessie! she's so deserving *smile* Look forward to seeing her stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jessie; can't wait to see your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I am just overjoyed to see Miss Jessie girl recieve this awesome honor!! I'm already well aware of her amazing talent and I cannot wait to see all the cuddle-rific stuff she created with your set! It's sure to be delightful! This is so fun, Melanie! thanks for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoohoo Jessie, you go, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stamp set is fantastic! Your sample is absolutely STUNNING, and you know I think the world of Jessie! what a great selection!!

    Can't wait to partay with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZERS!!!!!!!!! Jessie...............hooooooooray!!!!!! You are so amazing and I'm so thrilled for you!!!!! You sure picked a fantastic designer Mel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jessie! I just LOVE Jessie's work!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)