Sunday, June 8, 2008

Party Time!

Yet another party invite design I'm playing with (at this rate, each guest will be receiving a one of kind different invitation LOL!) I masked the "cake"and stamped my bear (look out, he's gonna blow!!), and then framed it up on my Nestaibilities mat using a black marker and the circle piercing guide. I put a bunch of Stickles on the sparklers and if you can see it in the close up, made the candles cast some little shadows with my Pale Aqua Copic.
I wanted the rest of my card to match the cake so I added some diamond shapes to this gate fold(the paper is Real Red to match the Copic, it looks darker here, sorry, these types of folds are always harder to photograph with the shadows) and then punched out some stars and went around the edges with my black marker to make them stand out a little more. The star background and "You're Invited!" are both from Woo-hoo! I added a little red outline to the sides of my black stamped words to make them look more 3D.

Enjoy your evening! More to come, thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute invite! Wow...love the design! (and of course the stamps! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun invite! It definitely has a big tada factor and sets the stage for a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Melanie! Love the cake with sparkler candles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo adorable, no surprise, your cards etc.. are always aweome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTENESS to the max!!!! Lovin' this little bear!!!! I just think you need to have as many parties as you make unique invites!!!! Surely if you have enough scheduled I can make it Texas for ONE of them!!!!!!! ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple adorable - perfect invite with this little guy - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this came out so cute! love him about to blow out his candles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you make it a cake, tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)