Saturday, June 21, 2008

Purrfect Friends

Every time I look at this image from my new Cuddles and Hugs set, I just want to yawn, streeeeetch, and curl up for a little catnap with somebody(after circling around, and then kneading for several minutes of course!) This stamp was designed to give to anyone you love, or that is in love with somebody!
I was inspired by this "You are My Sunshine" card of Joanne's when I saw the "lion colors" and the sketch, it looked like the sun behind that chair, so I had the idea to create "a place in the sun" for these big cats (if you have cats, you know they will always pick that one little patch of sunlight on the floor!) I changed the sketch a little to make it work with my scored design, what do yo think? To create this look, I turned my mat at an angle on my Scor-Pal (did you know you can buy these now from Gina K? Yup, add it to your order (or buy separately, but how you can you resist all the other goodies?) and shipping is free!) and made a diagonal by placing the top right corner and bottom left corner over a track and scoring. Then, I moved the CS over about a 1/4 inch, turned the CS a few degrees, scored again, repeating this process till I got to the edge, and going back and working out toward the other side until it was full of sunbeams! I almost always have the light source coming from the top right, so if you try this look, make sure your coloring matches your angle. I used the Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS and blending stumps to color the lions, there are some terrific yellows, oranges and browns in this set for these lions and they coordinate beautifully with my So Saffron and More Mustard CS.

More details: My image is popped up on dimensionals. I used my Classic Square and Circle and Scallop Nestabilities for the mats, and SU! Apricot grosgrain and retired organdy. "Hugs and smiles" is stamed in Palette Noir , just one of many greetings from this set that work with this image.

Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!!! :) (I'm headed back to bed for a catnap! that was some party last night!)

12 comments:

  1. yep - one of my cats loves to sunbathe, the other just wants to be near me. I love the sunrays on this card! totally fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your sets But this one is deff a favorite !! SO CUTE !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about cats, mine love the sun! I noticed the sunbeam right away, it's the absolute perfect touch...another awesome set!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card! I love the colors and I love the 'sunbeam' in the upper right corner. What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card Melanie! Love the softness of your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awesome Mel!! I am so in love with this new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those score lines are an awesome touch to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sunrays are awesome. I really like this layout which means I need to get those circle nestabilities and the score-pal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited that I won this set from Gina K!! I of course already had planned to purchase it next payday but now I can order another set too! :) I love this card!! Too cute!! I can't wait to play with mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, this is adorable! Oh my. . .Love it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable, Melanie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh......amazing Scor-Pal detail.....I've gotta learn how to use mine more often!!! Fantastic card!!! It's the "cat's pajamas"!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)