Sunday, June 1, 2008

"This Ma-gic Mo-ment..."

sing it with me, "so different and so new!" As soon as I saw all the sets we'd be designing with this month, thinking about that glorious instant when you realize that you! are riding! a bike!, I just had to put the new Kindred Dad image with the "Woo-hoo!" fireworks! What a rite of a passage for a kid("free at last!"), and proud moment for a dad. :)

The stamped image is cut out and popped up with the fireworks behind it. I pierced around the top half to frame it up using the piercing mat I've shown. These little jewel stickers I put on the fireworks are from Stampendous, they come in a variety of colors and shapes on one sheet(also squares, diamonds, teardrops, etc), and they have a teeny gold rim around the edge that it makes it look like a set stone, really cool! Now click for a closeup and check out the bike reflectors! I was excited to have something to tie in my firework embellishments and make the bike look even more real (Notice I chose to omit the training wheels on this card, so I could go super fast! TIP: I also noticed it would be very easy to omit or cut off the long hair coming out of the helmet to look more "boy" when needed) You may not be able to see it in the pic, but I outlined the fireworks with my clear glitter Spica, looks so sparkly in real life, I love how fine this pen is, even more so than the stardust gel pens!

The "woo-hoo" I shadow-stamped by picking up my stamp slightly and shifting it before stamping again. (Have you noticed I love to say "woo-hoo!"(almost as much as hip hip hurray!:) Since William hears Jonathan and I say it, he says it, too, but he thinks it's "Woo-Poo!" cracks me up!) Everything is colored with SU! marker and watercolor crayons and my aquapainter. CS is Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Not Quite Navy, I love this combo.

Father's Day is right around the corner, know what you're making for all the Dads in your life yet?? I can't believe it's already June! My little boy will be graduating from kindergarten in a few days!! Need to make him a very special "woo-hoo" card :)

6 comments:

  1. Another totally awesome card!! Awesome coloring and scene! A perfect family moment, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea - I love how you combined the stamps to tell a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card!! I love the story it tells!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB-U-LOUS!! I, of course, ADORE the blingy reflectors and fireworks!!! What a totally proud accomplishment to celebrate! I can vividly remember when each of mine had that moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! I remember my dad teaching me how to ride a bike. Good times! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome--love the combination of stamps---definitely a rite of passage and I love those fireworks in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)