Monday, July 28, 2008

Strawberry Sweet

Dontcha just want to bite into these berries?? They are from the new "Free with Three" set "Summer Harvest" from Gina K Designs.

I colored the image with Copics, and as I've done a couple times before, accidentally grabbed an aqua that was darker than I'd intended for my shadow! Oh well, just makes it look that much more vivid , right?? ;) I just love these colors together. (For a great strawberry recipe, see this post!) There are lots of terrific greetings in this set, but I'm going to wait until I decide who I'll send it to and add one on a tag then.

The dotted Cuttlebug folder is a heavenly with strawberries! I rubbed a little white craft ink on my embossed Real Red CS. Using this same embossing on the white CS looks like some beautiful white table cloth. the scallops on the mat add sweetness, and the Kelly Panacci zig zag stamp around the edges give it a homespun feel.

Have a great day! (If you didn't get a chance to check in this weekend, please read my RAK post for Daisy!)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And I love your T shirt Tin Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out your blog from the very helpful comment you left on mine. I do not remember meeting you at CHA. If you are going to Winter CHA we should meet.

    I have found your blog to be very inspiring. Conratulations on designing your own stamps. I love the shirts. Great idea. Best of luck to you . I will stop back by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, love the sewing on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super super cute!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really pretty - so fresh and summery and I love the acqua, makes the whole card pop!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Mel! Those berries and scallops are great together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUMMMMMM!!! I love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't sew on cards and I've seen you use Kelly Panacci stamps b4; is the one you're using "borders"; I found it online and might be 'forced' to buy it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is definitely yummy!!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)