Friday, August 1, 2008

I HEART U!!!!!!!!

I really hope you're not getting tired of RED!! (if so, adjust your monitor or squint for a minute!) The background paper is made from the "I", heart and "U" images in my "Little Tees" set. Instead of cutting out the shirt this time, I made a mask to cover the collar of my stamped shirt, and then stamped the hanger over it.

To make the paper I lined all three images up together on the block, then removed the heart so I knew I'd have enough space to add it back in. That allowed me to ink up both the I and U together each time and stamp them across the paper diagonally, offsetting each row. Then I went back in with just my heart inked up in Real Red. Before finishing the card, I added some Christmas Red Stickles to some of the hearstthe heart and filled in a few (but not all )of the "U"s with my red marker. I was just thrilled with the way it turned out!
I also added one heart to the corner of the card and more Stickles. I really like this layout, I didn't want the scallops covered the custom DP I slaved over for 3 whole minutes (LOL!) and I think it's interesting not to see them all the way around, peekaboo! Like with the short sleeved shirt, the circle Nesties frame this long sleeved tee really well, too.


Have a great weekend, thanks for peeking in, I HEART U! Check back for my long, long tee tip sheet!!! (I admit I'm kind of putting of posting it because I keep adding more to it LOL (Cathy's suit? hel-lo!!!)

10 comments:

  1. Oh cuteness, cuteness!!! Love that dp!! I, of course, love the Stickles heart the best!!!! LOL And the black and white with red is such a wonderful color to showcase the HEART U theme of this adorable tee!!!! And puuuhhhleeeze!!!! I want to CASE Cat's suit sooo badly!! I swear she's a fashion designer too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm really loving this set, U r amazin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, cannot wait to read your long, long post on Tee Tips. This is a wonderful stamp set and I am sure you will give us some more fabulous ways of utilizing it. Love your blog. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how creative you are! This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Melanie! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable Mel! I love the background paper you made!!! How neat is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the background, great idea, and it looks fabulours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so cute. Love the way you made the paper to match the Tee.
    JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background paper and the stickles, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did Melanie! Creating your own background and everything - this is definitely a versatile set. Thanks for creating and sharing it.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)