Monday, November 24, 2008

Chicken Soup for your Soul


I've always* wanted a little bowl of soup stamp for "get well" cards...would you believe this is actually the bottom of a coffee pot?

Omitting part of an image to get more mileage from my rubber is one of my favorite things to do, it's a little "game" I play with myself (Find the Shape!) I used my Memento dew drop to carefully ink up just the bottom of the pot from Rupas' adorable new coffee set "My Cuppa Joe". I can honestly say it it the cutest coffee set I have ever seen! "Get well soon" is from "Say it with Flowers" (I love the italic soon, it's like you blowing on your hot soup to cool it: "sooooooooon...........") ;)

I thought it'd be fun to have some hearts rising out of the bowl somehow, so I went flipping through my paper packs and the perfect sheet was in Basic Grey's Sugared pack! (and the heart strip was in the perfect spot, too LOL! and the right colors!! That's "Stamping Serendipity", ladies...) The shadows are created with Copics, but I didn't have the right shade for my golden broth so I colored that with a So Saffron marker. I stopped there, didn't feel a ribbon or other embellishments were needed. (I'm trying to "edit" lately...it's a Project Runway/Top Design thing...:)



*well, at least, as long as I've been stamping!

20 comments:

  1. Mel so adorable. And such innovation, thanks for sharing. Now I want one. heheheheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been "editing" lately too! NOt too much ribbon, bling, and embellishment... that way the focus is on the main image and sentiment! Great card, the floating hearts are perfect on it. I love that paper, and I have it. I think it's time to break it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I LOVE how you can pick out images within images. I was blown away by your imagination when the little tee came out.....and this soup bowl "extra" rubber is wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity. Your blog is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you for your brilliance Melanie! I ordered Cuppa Joe last week because it's so versitle and cute, but you have showed me a whole new way to look at this set. Aren't you clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You are so creative in seeing shapes within images...now I have a bowl stamp too and I didn't even realize it :o) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliant, Melanie! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so very clever. That's just one reason I keep coming back:) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, as always, Mel! Your blog is always full of inspiration. Now I want to go home and see what other designs I can see in my stamps! Love your Project Runway/Top Design reference, too! Aren't those shows awesome?! Now I'm all about Top Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been doing the editing thing too lately.....ok, so it's been on the Christmas cards I'm send out and don't want to spend half my free time between now and Christmas working on them. I love how you used the PP to give the card that wonderful amount of "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just too darn creative! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is super duper cute. I love when you show us many different ways to use one stamp. That is cool.

    I love the card with the "soup".

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the Gina K sets are so verstile, and you are so creative with these too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I truly think you have to be the most clever stamper out there! I am always in awe of the fun ideas you come up with!! This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely brilliant. I am so glad I have these sets. I can't wait to get home and break them out and try my hand at this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ingenious! Youare full of such wonderful ideas and inspiration!! It's always a treat to visit your blog!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful 'out of the box' thinking here, Melanie!! Super card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh such a comforting card!!! I love how you think about using the stamps to create so much more than the image you see at first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so awesome - I love that stamping serendipity! love your thinking outside of the box (favorite teddy bear memories)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)