Sunday, November 23, 2008

C'mon, Get Funky!

These fun and simple "Funky Christmas" images should take centerstage and work well on a simple card front so I began by stamping the snowman and then masking it to put "Happy Holidays" from Seasonal Sayings just below. I added a shadow to the left by outlining the words with a grey Copic and then stamped my ornaments to hang off the loops in "holidays".

I liked it this, but why not keep going? (I had a few minutes to kill, hee hee) ;) I placed a Classic Rectangle Nestabilities die around the my images and traced both the inside and outside of the die with a fine black pen, skipping over my images when I came to them. Then I removed the die and just sketched in a simple divider between my outlined borders (you can use a ruler if you really want, but sketching it loosely goes nicely with the artwork in the set, I think) :) I filled in each new frame this created with Copics to match my colored images.

Last I added some self adhesive rhinestones to each image and then doodled in three little spots ot the right corner, to match all those other little squiggly dots that kept repeating themselves in the snowman and ornaments. I took a chance on that an djust LOVE how that little detail ties it all together! (yes!) I really had fun with this quick card!


You've already seen the other pics of this, so just pretend I flipped the card over to show you there is no bleed through with this 120lb Pure Luxury CS and Copics! (heaven, ...I'm in heaven...)

Hope your Sunday is FUN-KY!

17 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie, I thought the first photo was darling...and then I saw what you did with the nesties to create a frame. Wow, that is awesome. Talk about outside the box. Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great, Melanie! I have yet to ink up my Funky Christmas set, but I think I'm going to CASE you and use my new PL paper and make a card or two! Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Melanie! What a cute card. I love the work you did by hand too. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love how you added the Nestie frame, need to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funky, fabulous Xmas card! I love it! I never would have thought of using my nesties that way. Great idea, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and fun! I love it, Mel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it, and then I loved it even more with the addition of the nestie frame and doodles. What a difference a couple little things make. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Neat to see that how just adding a frame changes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I'd let you have a giggle...I'm reading your post with only the first card showing, and cannot for the life of me figure out what you are talking about with the drawing the lines, cuz I sure can't see them. Well, even so, that card is dang cute. Ahem, scroll down and POW, there is the most awesome addition to the card...I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, and honestly, both are equally amazing to me...this coming from the "more" girl!!LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melanie, This is such a cute card!
    I love the frame you made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your doodled frame is just brilliant!! Love the whimsical feel and fun colors!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable, Melanie!! I love the frame you made too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh both cards are soooo adorable!!! But I do love that bling!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwie Kazowwie! This is so stinkin' fun! I love it Mel! I just got this set in the mail over the weekend and I can't WAIT to ink it up! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is cool! Love what you did with the frame. It does all tie together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely love these cards! I can't wait to get my set from GinaK!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)