Friday, November 7, 2008

Flowers by Omission

Here's the same trick I shared the other day with only inking up the middle and underside of the bloom to change up "A Year of Flowers", this time I used a different image from the set, these look a little like Brown-Eyed Susans to me now!

Instead of coloring the petals in with orange, I inked up the petals directly on my stamp with my Pumpkin Pie marker(Chocolate chip for the center), stamped, then dragged my waterbrush over the orange lines to bleed the color (which then became a shade of apricot, so I added an Apricot Appeal layer (CB Stylized Flowers) to my Always Artichoke base. Large flourishes, some matching ribbon, sponging to my mat with the same color and a vintage brad in on the tag trios die cuts finishes the card.

Have a great weekend, I'll be out of town til Monday, back in time for our new release sneak peeks to start on Tuesday!! I have sooo many projects ready I'm doing to show you with ALL the new sets, can't wait!!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, that card looks familiar! hehe! I absolutely LOVE it! I love how you achieved the watercolor effect. It's a beautiful card and I'm sure that whoever receives this card will love it just as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention: Have a GREAT time on your cruise this weekend. :) Sure wish I was going too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft feel of the main image and the flourishes. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so, so love this card! Great colors and technique! It's just perfect.

    Have a super fun time on your cruise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,
    I have been thinking of writing to you for about a month now. I compliment your very special talent for writing about friends who needs prayers extra. You have a wonderful Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful, Melanie!! I love the colors, and of course those wonderful images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love everything about it.
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty Melanie...I can't wait to play with my set, when it finally gets here, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful water color effect! I love that flourish peeking out from the corners!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouuuu! I have been missing all the loveliness the last few days. This is stunning! I love the markered orange. Such a soft and stunning look! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)