Saturday, November 29, 2008

Guest Designer: Gabriela Arriaza

Today I have a project to share from a stamper I happened to meet through Splitcoast, who had arranged not one but TWO swaps for my "Little Tees" and "Just So Sporty" sets! Gabby made such creative and cute projects with them too, you can see some of them here, so she was an easy choice for one of my guests to design with this month's "Tee Talk" set! Here is a gift she made for a stamper using the "I'd rather be stamping" sentiment(oh my goodness, wouldn't you just freak if a friend showed up at your door with an adorable handmade tote full of stamps and supplies just for YOU??!!) Below is her description:


"I turned this note tote into a "gift bag" and filled it with a stamp set, ink pad, and acrylic block. Next I'll be making and ACTUAL note tote with note cards. This is cute to hand out at stamping parties as a door prize...or maybe even raffle it." Template and instructions for tote: found here- EDITED TO ADD: I found this is actually a template listed in the Splitcoast Fan Club gallery, if you aren't a member of the fan club, you won't be able to view it, and if it's a fan club project, template and instrcutions aren't supposed to be posted elsewhere, I'm aplogize to anyone who doesn't have access! I will say Gabby has her supplies listed at the bottom, if you want to try to "wing it!"


And here are my questions for Gabby:
Gabby’s favorite:
Technique~I'm a direct to paper stamper, but I also like masking and I dabble in brayering, a technique I wish to one day accomplish beautifully.

Colors/color combo~I love elegant looking cards, black & white or neutrals, although sometimes I do go a bit "color crazy". I also like using a lot of brown with pink, mint, & aqua...or any other color that looks fabulous with browns.

Type of project to make that’s not a card?~TOTES!!! I do like making boxes and treat bags as well...but totes are my all time favorites by far.

Gina K set by Melanie~HA...it's a toss up between Little Tee's and Just So Sporty. I'm a tee and hoodie type of gal when I have my "downtime".

Gina K sets (from any illustrator)~my all time favorite that I really don't use often has to be Owl Always Love You (reminder to self...next project...break that set out!) I have a thing for cute looking owls.

Craft supplies I can’t live without:~STAMPS & Prismacolor markers are the tops!!! LOL...but, I also CAN NOT live without my Zots, trimmer, & Scor-Pal! Oh...and Basic Black ink is a MUST have.
I've been stamping for a bit over 5 years now
I get my inspiration from~awesome stampers that are drool-worthy on SCS or many blogs I've visited and just life itself and what's around me or what I'm going through.

The most important things I’ve learned about stamping/cardmaking are~anything handmade that you give to family or friends or just anyone is worth more because it comes from the heart and it's made with love and care. I've also learned to treat stamping like a baby and be patient and have those "sleepless" nights just to see the creations that come from YOUR hands.

Some of my stamping/crafting goals are~to reach the levels of those master stampers and maybe one day be published in a magazine...or even become a design team member.

Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are~graduating from single layers and stickers! I may not be a pro yet...but I have come a LOOOONG way!

I like stamping because~it is my creative outlet. Stamping allows me to express myself and share who I am without saying too much. It's also a great way for free therapy. LOL! Well...not too much free...but cheaper and I can do it on MY time.



Supplies used:CS: Basic Black & Riding Hood Red from Stampin' Up! Bright White from Wausau Papers DP: Black & White Collection from Making Memories Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red from Stampin' Up! & Crimson Red Prismacolor marker Stamps: Little Tee's, Tee Talk, & Flourishes from Stampotique Embellishments: Silk flowers on bouquet from Mike's, Build-A-Brad, & Grosgrain Red ribbon Others: Bamboo skewers & make-up sponges

Thank you Gabby for this terrific project and introducing me to these cool totes! Bamboo skewers, very cool!! :) Look forward to seeing more of your work!

BTW: have you seen my Guest Designer Carolina's Advent Calendar?? (that she made with cookie cooling racks?? Brilliant!) Oh my word, YUMMY!

4 comments:

  1. I love this little tote. How cool for her to show up and hand it to you. Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gift rocks! It's fantastic! I can't access the tutorial though. Gabby is super talented, her blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS - I'd make it - if I could access the link. Let me log in to SCS, called me by name, so I did it right, but it said I didn't have the right priveleges to see tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh what an amazingly adorable gift tote!!!! And a wonderful designer too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)