Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Happy Hybrid

This is a 4 1/4" square card and Classic and Scalloped Square Nestabilities. I also used two sizes of the Scalloped Circle Nestabilities to cut out my larger Gerbera daisy ( but I snipped out just a few extra pieces around the petals after diecutting, so this large one is not exactly the die shape any more, but very close) and the center of my sunflower, (this one I made no changes to). Layer them together and you have this happy new hybrid! (there are so many varieties of Gerberas and now this looks similar to the kind that have tiny little petals in a layer surrounding the center) Flower is colored with Geranium Pink and Deep Yellow peerless watercolors. I used Shimmery CS for the flower so you can see the sparkle through the color), popped up on dimensionals, stem and leaf are made from SU! Olive grosgrains in 1/4" and 5/8" widths.


This card just makes me happy looking at it, and I hope it makes my friend happy, too :) I've gotten word that Melstampz is posting a gorgeous new flower project involving BEADS, can't you just imagine the awesome beauty already? let's go see it's up!!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And, what a clever idea to use the nesties to help cut it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love the coloring and your stem and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you put this together! What a great idea to combine the flowers together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! Love your flower cards, the coloring, the layouts...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card! I love all the dimension you achieved and using a ribbon as a stem. VEry creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Melanie...has to be one of your most AWESOME sets yet, but you know I love my butts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo gorgeous!! I love the colors and dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouuuu! Pink & Scalloped & layered. Pure paper joy to look at. You have a million ideas for this stunning set, don't you? Thanks for the endless inspiration! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really gorgeous card, just like your last one! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)