Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sneak Peek: Best Friends

The wait is over, we finally have another set from Alicia Krupsky, yay!!! I'm especially excited to do a peek of her set "Best Friends" today because I wasn't officially on the design team yet when her first set came out in January. This set is so cute, you're gonna love making projects for all your "besties"! This is a little spiral notebook I found at Dollar Tree awhile back, I thought it'd be fun to alter because it already had this pretty block pattern in various shades of purple, plus a frosted plastic cover layered on top, which gives it a cool translucent look, and also protects my colored images underneath. Assorted SU! grosgrains that matched the colors on the cover (plus red) are tied onto the binding. I added self-adhesive rhinestones to the outside for these starry eyed Manga girls(see above), but when you flip it open, it reveals the unembellished images(below)

I used only Copics from my new "A Box" for the images ( stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black) I love the C-3 gray in this. it's just right for shadows!! I also found it works beautifully over colors to create a darker tone (see the hat) Aren't they cuties??

I covered up the writing on the front corner with a little square for my journal image, punching a corner rounder into the bottom to match the the curve of the cover. It is matted perfectly by the printed square underneath.
Inside I stamped several of the images and sentiments randomly throughout the pages, like they'd been doodled by a very "artsy" girl... hee hee ;) Just makes me want to curl up with it and make list after lovely list or gossip about "boys and things"... (I didn't keep it, though, sent it to someone special whom I know will put it to good use, more about her in another post...)

More "Best Friends" peeks:
special guest: Michelle Giraud
in the sptlight: Courtney Fowler
I don't have a peek today of the "Free with Three", the last in our previews, BUT it is one of the best free sets ever offered!!!(IMHO!)( and I look forward to sharing cards with it very soon!) So get your wish list ready to be sure you earn one tonight, I'm hoping the team's convinced you that you need more than 3 sets this time (but if you not, join us for the party this evening,we've got more samples heh heh!!) and in that case, see if you can get another 3 picked out, because it'll earn you another set of your choice!!
Gotta go get ready for the party at 7 PM CST! I will be back to announce my winners of my challenges well before "the store opens", don't worry! (Thanks for your patience, I've got a lot going on at home right now!!) Have a great day, chat with you tonight!!!

12 comments:

  1. OH what a neat idea Mel! YOur coloring rocks on this! LOVE the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Purple is my favortie color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What teen wouldn't love this. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute notebook! your copic coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great notebook, and your colouring is top notch, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love how you stamped the inside pages too! I made a bunch of little notebooks for a craft show (using my bind-it-all and notecards)and the ones with 'teen' images on them like this, sold like hotcakes! The kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!!! I LOVE altering notebooks and this set is just toooo dang cool!!! Okay.......awesome idea the stamping on random pages like doodles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldnt be any cuter! LOVE your notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Melanie!! I love your coloring - you showcased box A awesomely! heeheee... what box is next for you?

    See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I really like your idea of stamping on random pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that journal!! What a fabulous gift for a teenager! Love the inside stamping!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)