Saturday, November 29, 2008

Two Turtle Doves with a Twist

Here is the card I whipped up for Day 2 of Papercraft Planet's 12 days of Christmas Challenge! These doves are bringing these dazzling ornaments to decorate, I just love how it turned out! Images are stamped in Memento Black, colored with Copics from Box A, and 120lb white CS and ribbon are from the Gian K Pure Luxury Line. After stamping I wished I had put the greeting a little further to the left than I had, it was a little heavy on the right side, so I decided to add some ribbon for balance. TIP: I wanted to make a long curling garland with the ribbon so I used this yummy shiny piece (this ribbon never fails to make my heart skip beat, it is SO gorgeous!!) from the Holiday Collection, left the left side much longer after tying and then twisted it a couple times and adhered the end inside with a glue dot. (I cut the ribbon at a nice angle with my Fiskars scissors I use only for ribbon, so the little piece you see inside the card looks nice and "finished". I repeated that with the right side, too. Doing this you can keep your ribbon in place in an architectural way that suits you/your card. Isn't that fun? The curl pattern would obviously flatten in an envelope, so this is a card I would insert into a gift bag or present in person.



Please play this one day challenge, a winner will be chosen randomly tomorrow and will win a set of stamps!

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Melanie - your card is just beautiful! I love the doves and the ornaments that they are holding are colored in so beautifully!!! Absolutely stunning!!! I am in love with this card! I can't stop drooling -- I showed it to everyone in my house - even my little 18 month old daughter who is also drooling - although that could be because she is teething- LOL! -- but still - alot of drool going around after looking at your card!!!
    lovely!!!
    best wishes,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so lovely! I especially like the way you have the ribbon flowing across the top of the card.

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up this morning with a great idea for YESTERDAY's challenge! figure, right? lol! But then I started thinking about today's challenge and these doves popped into my head. I wish I had them, but I didn't get this set, poo! You did a fantastic job with them. This card is so elegant, it is absolutely beautiful! I hope I get a chance today to play along, even though I don't have this dove stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I love the curl of the ribbon. That just fits this card so well.
    And the way you used the doves is great. I am not a big "dove" fan, but I love the way you put this card together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and Very Elegant!

    Love the twirl and glue dot trick with the ribbon.
    What a wonderful idea having doves bringing in the ornaments (Shades of Cinderella - lol).

    Thanks for sharing -
    Jean
    Stampin'Up! Demonstrator
    Southern Oregon
    jlfstudio@charter.net
    www.jlfstudio.stampinup.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted you to know I really enjoy your blog. I have left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Melanie! You ornaments are beautifully colored! As always you provide so much inpsiration!

    Take good care,
    Blessings,
    Barb

    You have been tagged on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is beautiful! Its clean and "simple" but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! As all your creations are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, this card is gorgeous! The ribbon is fantastic and the doves carrying the ornaments is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great great great card.

    I rarely comment on blogs because I look at so many that I would lose too much time, but for this card I had to comment. It is so beautiful. Very simple but so nice. I think you understand now that I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this is sooo elegant!! Just dazzling doves and ornaments and the curly ribbon is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is simply stunning. I love your 'twisted' bow, and the doves holding the ornaments are gorgeous. Such a beautiful, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely Stunning!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful. oh I keep forgetting to go back to papercrafter site i quit the notifiers when I was getting a million a day will have to try it again and see if they have it fixed thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Melanie, this card is stunningly elegant! I love everything about your design.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)