Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I used my long classic and scalloped rectangle Nestabilites for this card, I'll say it again, I just looooove this looong "Merry Christmas"! I added a shadow to it by just outlining the left side of each letter and then stamped my little caroling people from "Funky Christmas" (colored with Copics) right on the top edge, I love to perch my stamps this way when I can, hee hee!


Threading water punch is used along the bottom and faux stitching along the bottom with the Inkssentials white gel pen bring out that beautiful ribbon (gift from my peep Joanne)
EDITED TO ADD: when writing this up, I forgot to day I did the faux embossing technique with my white craft pad and Versamark on my red base for a subtle background (so subtle in this pic, I forgot I did it LOL!) but if you click for a closeup, you'll see instead of Cuttlebugging, I used the snowflake cluster stamp from this set first in Versamark, then shifted over slightly and tamped with white craft ink, it really gives a look of raised funky flakes! I've done this to better effect before, but my craft pad is getting a little dry, with a little reinking it'll provide more of a pop! Let me know if you'd like to write up a new post with technique step by step and a new sample! :)

9 comments:

  1. I love the scallop edge! Very goregous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is soooo cool!! I'm gonna have to try that with the images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHh I am LOVING this! I love the bright colors, it looks so festive and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design! Your coloring is perfect and I love the shadow on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just so cute! I love it! I love the funky carolers and how you shadowed the sentiment. I never would have thought of that. I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Please don't feel like you must play along, but when choosing my nominees I felt I had to pick the most Kreativ bloggers I know, and you are definately one of those. You can read all about it on my blog if your interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek - so pretty! Love all the scallop edges and the color combo is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you put the image on top of the sentiment - I am going to try that!
    Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)