Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy, Happy Flowers

Isn't this a happy card? I started stamping Gina K's flowers in Ruby Red and Old Olive and then chose a paper from Basic Grey Cupcake to match, I loved these thin earthy stripes and pulled out that pumpkin color from the print with these SU! buttons. It was just looking so fresh and cheerful I decided to draw on two little smiles under the "eyeholes" before attaching them with glue dots, hee! I see Joanne doing a ribbon treatment like this a lot off the side of the card with the ends tied off with hemp or thread instead of knotting the ribbon, and I love how perfect it looks here with those beautiful stamped leaves. I adhered my mat at an angle to give it more energy and stamped "friends" from "Say it with Flowers" to go with this this sweet little pair. (The "Tropical Flowers" set has no greetings in it, "Say it with Flowers" is a perfect set to complement it with it's all occasion greetings and floral quotes!) All done, yeah!! I love how fast this one came together.

Are you as busy as I am right now?? Eek!!! Have a great day! My tip sheet comes out tomorrow along with a little card peek, you're gonna love it!

6 comments:

  1. How very clever with the buttons! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful card. I like what you did with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute card, and I think the button faces are too clever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smiley face buttons on this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love what you did with the buttons :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, love the flowers, so so cute! This makes me SOO happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)