Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guest Designer Shannon Bracken

Today I have a beautiful "The Best Things in Life" sample from Shannon! (sigh, isn't it lovely...?) I love this classic script font I used for "memories" in this set, it's perfect for all your "pretty cards" and pages and makes you think of all things past you want to remember. The thick and thin lines echo the large and small details of Gina's "Take Flight" set, as it will all your other realistic, nature or vintage stamp images. These larger greetings are a design element in themselves, balancing out the large blue butterflies, and the way she set it off here with these colored to match rhinestones is divine!!



Stamps: "The Best Things in Life" and "Take Flight" by Gina K. Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pacific Point, Versamark, Versamark Champage
Paper: 120lb Pure Luxury CS
Accessories: Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Up! Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, self-adhesive rhinestones, Martha Stewart butterfly punch



And a little more about the very talented Shannon!

Shannon’s favorite:
Technique -- Emboss Resist

Colors/color combo -- Blues, usually the darker and richer the better.

Type of project to make that’s not a card? -- I really enjoy making little boxes for stuff.

Gina K set by Melanie -- Oh, this is an easy one..."A Year of Flowers"

Gina K sets (from any illustrator) -- I'm sticking with "A Year of Flowers" I'm always reaching for it and have to sometimes "force" myself to use another set so that my other stamps don't get jealous.

Craft supplies I can’t live without: -- My laptop!! It sits right here on my table with me. Clear 6" square quilting ruler, my Big Shot (LOVE it!!!), Stamp-a-ma-jig because I can't stamp straight to save my life.

I've been stamping for (how long) -- In total for about 8 years as a hobby making cards for friends and family for holidays and parties. Seriously since about August when I turned my hobby into a passion.

I got started stamping… -- I really can't remember....probably went to a Stampin' Up! party at my mom's.

I get my inspiration from -- Melanie!!! hee hee.... I spend a lot of time blurfing, checking online galleries, art, magazines, everyday things I see in stores. Inspiration is all around us.

The most important things I’ve learned about stamping/cardmaking/scrapbooking are -- patience! Mistakes happen, but we learn to work around them. Especially after working on a focal point image for an hour. Oh, and to stop hording my supplies. ;-)

Some of my stamping/crafting goals are -- My first goal was to be on a design team and I accomplished that only a few days into 2009. My other goal for this year is to get published.

Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are -- Melanie's Guest Designer!!! Cuttlebug Challenges Design Team Member, InStyle Stamps Card of the Month Designer Feb 2009, Bombshell Guest Designer March 2009

When I’m not stamping, I’m probably -- blurfing! LOL... Seriously, if I'm not in my studio I'm probably spending time relaxing with the cats in front of the TV.
Thank you, Shannon for sharing! Have a terrific day everybody!! :)

14 comments:

  1. I' sooooooo impressed with the blue butterflies...will have to share a picture I took of a real blue butterfly with her if I can get a e-mail address or...please send her mine! Beautiful card!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Butterfly card is just Gorgeous!!! I can't believe just how much the blues jump off the page at you. So very
    beautiful....Thanks for sharing your creative art with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your description of this gorgeously serene card. It was practically poetry. Shannon's Q&A were fascinationg too. Thanks for a lovely article.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee....thanks Melanie for a wonderful writeup for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Those blues just draw your eye to the beauty of the butterfly.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking card! The vividness of the butterflies is spectacular.

    M...

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! I love Shannon & getting to know her more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love the butterflies this card is so pretty! Shannon has a wonderful style! Great pick Melanie ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors on the butterflies really pops! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the blue butterflies so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely beautiful. I love that the butterflies are blue.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the blue!!! The butterflies are just so dainty and elegant!! Shannon is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)