Friday, January 9, 2009

My Tailgate or Yours?

Anyone had a lot of football on at their house the past week? Yeah, me too (although that's when I sneak away to my stamp room, so I haven't actually seen any of the games!) Thought I'd kick off the weekend with a little football inspiration and share one of my "Just So Sporty" designers Gabby Arriaza's samples uisng "Just So Sporty" and another sporty Gina K designs set, by Gina K herself: "My Tailgate or Yours"!

Is that cute what she did with Gina's two beer mugs, or what? I love all the details and layers she added here, the balck and silver DPs die cut with the nestabiliteis really bring out her bacl adn silver jersey, and "pigskin" Cuttlebugged football in the corner she created is to die for! "birthday" and "dad" are from "Just So Sporty", and "Happy" and "Super" are both from the "Little Tees" set. :) A "masculine" card if I ever saw one LOL!
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. this is so imaginative! Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Florida Gator I did not miss our National Collage Championship game(GO GATORS). But I have to confess I watched in my craft room stamping calandars for "Meals on Wheels".

    ReplyDelete
  3. football at my house every sunday this is just perfect love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The football in the corner makes the card different - in a good way. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. Love the beer mugs and the football.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and clever is this card!! I just love it. There will be football at our house this weekend for sure.....GO STEELERS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one helluva a great card!
    VERY cleverly done.
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh you know I love this card....And Gabby HAD to use her beloved Raiders colors!

    I love Gabby's cards!!!

    CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! That's the perfect card for a guy, which is soooo hard to make!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, and such a great guys' card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEY...I RECOGNIZE THAT CARD!!! LOL! I'm glad to see these awesome responses...thanks Mel! Yeah...football is a HUGE thing in our house! The first things our kids wear right out of my belly are a Raiders jersey I've had since I first met DH almost 15 years ago! I know...it's crazy but true! Oh...and just FYI...my 4 yr. old DD helped me on this one! :o Just to give her some credit...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the classic linen. Can just imagine the texture. I would love to see something done with the vellum bristle. The only way I have ever used my vellum is to print journaling on it to put on lmy scrapbook pages. Maybe you could show other ways to use the vellum. Loved the record myself, and wish I had that kind of talent. Oh well, just use what God gave me. Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)