Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Follow ME!

Today's card involved snipping apart the little dog-cat-mouse trail from "Warm and Fuzzy" to allow for a slightly different arrangement: I drew in a little string around the dog's leg with a black pen to pull the little mouse behind tempting the little cat, isn't that cute? (the cat's going along with it, but his expression, looking out at us, makes him look like he suspects something's up!) I pulled out my Kraft paper for this one to keep the focus on the scene rather than a bunch of other colors or patterns. The swirly lines and hearts image were perfect with the little string I drew, so I stamped that in Versamark on my Kraft Base and followed the line with some black dots (tied that in around my mat and with the dotted ribbon, too) these endless trails take you round and round the card! Hearts were accented the Inkssentials white pen. I love Kraft, black and white together.

Here is a closeup of the images (stamped in Memento Black on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb white CS). I colored them with Copics, the shadows were done with C-3 Cool Gray. I love how the little stripey tabby turned out, have fun adding spots and stripes to your open line art stamp images for a new look!


Thank you so much for following my crafting adventures each day! ;)
Now, please follow me over to Gina's for something new and truly exciting which will be available from Gina K Designs beginning on Friday! On Thursday, Gina and the rest of our Design Team will have previews to share. You won't want to miss it, so head on over to read Gina's hint for today!"

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely PRECIOUS. I love it!!! And the way you made the cat striped is really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card....covers all my pets - including the mouse in the forest at our house. Really refreshing and cute!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, simple, stylish, adorable, VERY cleverly executed too!
    A total winner!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! This is sooo stinking cute Mel! I LOVE it! Love your shadows too, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how u make everything "3-D" by adding shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card! I love the swirl of hearts on the top and bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...this is so cute!!!!! I finally broke down and cut these 3 apart too....it was so hard to do because they're so cute following each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I love it. Great idea
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable Melanie!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is THE cutest card I've seen with these 3 furry creatures - love your shadows & the striped cat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just too cute! I wish I had this card! Wanna sell it? Wanna stamp and color them and then sell them to me??? I really got a kick out this. Great job. Gotta check it out for the details. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)