Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another Sketchy Sketch!


Here is the sample I made for this week's So Sketchy card sketch by Allison Cope, are't these circle cards fun?? The placement for the images in the sketch was very unique , I was delighted to find I could work in these four completely different paper flowers from the Gina K Floral Frenzy Kit! (DPs are the digital papers from the kit as well, isn't that circle background fabulous with the card shape and round sentiments? The card base was cut with a scalloped circle nestabilitie, blooming like a fifth flower in the design!) The little circles greetings you see are digital images from The Cutting Cafe, I pressed an adhesive page pebble onto each after coloring the paper pink and then trimmed around them.


To see the original sketch, (my card look's a wee bit different), please check out Allison's So Sketchy Blog, and stay awhile to get some stellar scrapping inspiration!! :)


Have a great day!! We are just week away from the Gina K Designs release!! woo hoo!

16 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!! Pink and brown!!! And flowers!!! And scallops!!! And.........gorgeousness!!!! Okay, seriously.......please show me how to make a Nestie card without cutting all the way thru the circle but still getting it to fold!!! I'm totally shape-card challenged!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! What a beautiful card!!!
    Those flowers are SCRUMMY and together with the gorgeous paper and dinky sentiments, make for an amazing piece of pure joy!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love round cards and that one is just amazing, and in my favorite color combo too...

    Thanks for sharing,
    IfatArt

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Melanie! I adore the colour combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous card! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the circle cards you did a great job love the colors on this
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card; love, love, love that pink and chocolate (some call it brown - I'm goin' for the real deal - CHOCOLATE - LOL).

    Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. Circles and flowers everywhere. I absolutely love the scallop circle cards.

    I have a quick question about digital paper.....Does it take alot of ink to print them up? I always figures it was less expensive to purchase patterned paper but with the digitals becoming so popular I am now wondering if I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHH!!! I LOVE it!!! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card, Melanie! Love the flowers...hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! this is so pretty. I love those two colors together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beauty of a card. Love brown and pink..TFS. I'm new at StampTV and am trying to visit all the bloggers! Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute!! I love this card and how creative you are. I would love to see how you cut the card shape out.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)