Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheers! Clean and Simple...

Here's a very basic card with "A Charmed Life" but it's one of my favorites because the simplicity of the layout and that golden shimmery mat, this stardream Gold (text weight is nice for layering) from Paper Temptress, is like liquid gold catching the sunlight, isn't that paper to die for?! Really sets off the white wine in the glass. I added two white sateen flowers. especially love using these shimmery flowers with a shimmery paper, and adhesive pearls to the centers and to the wine charm ring. A simple "cheers!" is stamped on the tag. All my stamping here was with Memento Black, but I stamped it off first so it would be a dark grey, for a more subtle look. This could be for most any occasion, I just think it says "celebrate! You're fabulous!" Base is Gina K Pure Luxury White, silver is SU! I colored the glass and added shadows with my C-1 and C-3 Copics (love how these pick up the silver), adding just that light gray all over the glass makes it seem separate from the background and gives it dimension. and colored the white wine with Lionet Gold and Buttercup Yellow Copics. For shading the liquid, make the "u" around the underside edge of the glass the darkest, here the liquid is the deepest, and lightest in the center.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. You're amazing Mel...even your clean and simple cards are stunningly elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple but so pretty love the glass
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Melanie! The papers are so elegant - the glass of wine just pops off the page! Thanks for the coloring details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love the simplicity - it's so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh snap! Your coloring is fabulous! I love the metallic papers, SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such an amazing job making that liquid look real - thanks for the coloring tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)