Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Daily Devotional

Here is a very simple altered journal I made with "Easter Blessings" from Rupa Shevde. Hobby Lobby has a beautiful selection of lined blank books with a variety of covers this week for only 1.99! (I'll be sharing a few more of these journals I added some stamping to). This one with the printed scriptures was perfect for a daily devotional! I stamped the cross from the set in Rich Cocoa Memento ink on Natural Antique Parchment paper from Paper Temptress and matted it with Chocolate Kiss CS from the Floral Frenzy Kit. I put a little copper brad from the kit in each corner and adhered it with Scor-tape onto the cover.

On the first page inside it had this blank space framed up in the flourishes so I chose too stamp one of the verses from the set. To create a matching bookmark, I stamped the cross again on some clear Polyshrink in Stazon Timber Brown, punched a large hold with my Cropodile through the vine after cutting and heated, makes a little one inch charm. These silver bookmarks are only 2.99 at Hobby Lobby, come with different colored crystals all you have to do is add a jump ring, isn't that hook style marker elegant? If you can't find a marker like this one, you could easily tie a length of matching ribbon around the coil binding to put the charm on the end, which would be just as lovely. I stamped a few of the pages inside with images and verses from the set in Antique Linen distressing ink, on this paper it looks like a beautiful, subtle watermark...Hope this project inspires you to take pretty books you find and make them even prettier with images that stir your soul!
Although I see myself making more of these as gifts, this fisrst journal is for me. Although I can't count how many hours I've spent typing daily the past year to maintain the blog, it has been far too long since I've sat to write down thoughts in my own hand. It is such a special, sacred time, worth making time for!
Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Oh it's so elegant!!! It looks so rich and very special!!! These really do make sweet gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...I'm sure you will enjoy your journey hand writing in your journal.
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, beautiful and focused on the One who has gifted your hands, head and heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this is the prettiest thing you have ever made. fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful book and what a wonderful gift to give someone. How you have personalized it or could personalize it for the recipient make this even more special. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful prayer journal and love the way you stamped an image for the cover and inside. I have several of these and will have to try this! Hobby Loby has some of the best deals! Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, and elegant!! I love this - it looks like a really special gift too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful....you are so fortunate to have a Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really makes me wish that I had a Hobby Lobby close by and that charm is lovely... makes me want to get out my jewelry supplies and make some complete sets with charms like this.

    Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)