Sunday, March 1, 2009

Guest Designer: Shannon Bracken

A few projects today from Shannon Bracken!
"Once I say your set " The Best Things in Life" I knew I wanted to also get Rupa's "Retro Boutique" to go with it. And I've been wanted to play with the faux tile backgrounds created with the Scor-Pal since I now I have of those. (Best tool ever!!!) I distressed the papers from Basic Grey's "Boxer" pack with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Antigue Linen and Walnut Stain using both sponging and direct to paper. Then I added the little paper piecings to the purses and perfume bottles."

Supplies
Stamps: "The Best Things in Life" and "Retro Boutique" by Gina K. Designs
Paper: "Boxer" by Basic Grey, Night of Navy by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Walnut Stain
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Rust velvet ribbon, linen thread, Prismacolor Markers, Hardware by We R Memory Keepers, Classic and Scallop Oval Nestabilities.


"The next one, a pretty basic card, but I think it's cute! "

Details...
Stamps: "The Best Things in Life", "Warm and Fuzzy" and "Comfy Valentine" by H&M Stamps for the hearts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy
Paper: Naturals Ivory, "Granola" by Basic Grey
Accessories: Chocolate Chip double stitch grosgrain ribbon, self adhesive rhinestones, mini dots, cat charm

Thanks for playing with my stamps, Shannon, and giving some more ideas for my readers! She's got a really RED HOT one here, check it out! :)
DID you know: my 16th stamp set is coming out in less than 2 weeks? (you can click on that link to see the other 15, but you won't find the new one in there yet LOL!) It is a new favorite of mine, SO many uses! Is it too early to start giving hints? Any guesses? (You'll never guess!!!) can't wait, can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Shannon is so creative and inspiring. New set...umm..what could it be? Well one that will be a must have. Wow what could be better than the t-shirt stamp set. I'm going to guess something to do with paper for notes. Can't wait to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty love the vintage look it has
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Shannan's cards!! As always I am counting the days for your new set to arrive. I think I'm a Melanie addict!! I sure hope the peaks start soon!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards! love the distressing & colors on the first one - way to go Shannon! I have some guesses on that set *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shannon! Thanks for sharing. I can't begin to guess what the new stamp set will be!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)