Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Spring! (it really DOES feel like Spring here...)

Here is a sample I created for the MFT Ambassador Challenge this month, my challenge was to make spring card with no flowers and no black! I used the new bling 'bet and a sheet of DP from the DCWV Spring Stack. I thought the pastel polka dots were so cute with these letters! i put all my letters on my long gridline block to get them properly aligned and inked them each up with SU! markers, Gable Green, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose. I loved the tiny brown stitched line around each circle in the paper, so I made my own stitched line around each samped letter with my SU! Close to Cocoa marker. The "Happy" is from a sentiment in "Who's that e-girl?", I curved it on my block before stamping so it would slink around the "p"!



I punched the bottom of the DP with the threading water punch to go along with the dot theme and used a clear button over some Berrylicious CS from Paper Temptress. Card base is SU! Regal Rose and 5/8 grosgain is SU! Celery.



For more challenge deets, see here!

19 comments:

  1. what a pretty card love the backgd paper with the letters perfect
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card, Melanie! It is so clean and neat. And I must tell you I just read the quote at the top of your blog. I have been a huge fan of St.Francis all my life so naturally I adore the title of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great challenge! I love your Spring Card (going to have to take that paper out you gave me last year again!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie Melanie Melanie! How awesome is this card??? Worth THREE woo hoos! I just love everything about it - but then I love all your work so it's no surprise!~ KUDOS on a cheery springy card. Hugs n smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome Spring card Mel! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What great colors! I love that light green.

    Thanks for sharing,
    IfatArt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one gorgeous card Melanie!
    VERY fresh and Spring-like.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your spring lettering...did you color it yourself or is is patterned paper?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft colors! Waves of "happy" are coming right off that card. Sadly, I am still surrounded by snow and not spring, but your card gave me lovely warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card -- I have the bling bet and need to ink it up -- you're giving me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW; I really love the springy-colors; and your brown stitching just rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it is still 70 degrees in Dallas at 9 pm. It's wonderful and very springlike. I planted flowers this morning on the front porch. And a tomato in the back in a pot that can come inside if and when it freezes again. You know how it is in TEXAS! Thanks for the pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that blue button. ..it makes the card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this sweet Pastel design!! The threading water edging is so dainty!! I know I've neglected blog-hopping sadly......but I'm sure enjoying visiting and chatting and laughing with you IRL!!! How cool is that??!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card definitely says Spring to me! Let's hope it is a sign of things to quickly come! :) It's a gorgeous card Melanie! I love that bling bet! x

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)