Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hospitality

Today's sample uses Gina K's "Wreath of Wishes", this month's "Free with Three" set. This card just makes me think of bed and breakfasts: crisp white linens, quilted bed spreads, a vase of wild flowers on the nightstand! I love the simple white card base, you get this beautiful scored pattern so easily with your Scor-Pal: score your card from corner to corner, and every inch on either side of it, then turn you card and score from the other corner to corner and make parallel scores again at one inch intervals and you have this fabulous "tufted-looking" card. Wreath and greeting were stamped in Memento black, colored with Copics, and cut and matted with Classic round and scalloped Nestabilities. That beautiful orange layer is Tangy Orange Pop Tone CS from Paper Temptress, I love this with the soft celery green of the 5/8" in SU! grosgrain. the wide ribbon and double ties add a lot of luxury!

Have a beautiful weekend, any special Spring Break plans I should know about?? ;)

tip sheet coming up!


PS I got a question from scrappintlc about how to adhere the acetate on the candle in yesterday's post: good question! I covered the entire piece of vanilla "candle" with a thin layer of Crystal Lacquer, and then pressed my stamped wine glass top on the acetate over that lining it up, smoothing out the bubbles. It worked like a charm! (no pun intended!! You don't see the adhesive because it covers all of the pieced paper, would have if I'd just done a few dots. It is not attached at all at the top, but that sucker is not coming off LOL! At first there were a couple bubbles I was having a hard time getting out, but I was kind of tickled when I realized even if they hadn't , that would have just looked like the tiny bubble you sometimes get in glass! :) Hope this helps! Crystal Lacquer just has sooo many uses!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering sweetie. Truly appreciate it. {{{HUGS}}}
    Love your card, as always. I just love everything you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love everything you create

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOh pretty. It is bed&breakfasty. Classy & so crisp & pretty. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)