Friday, March 20, 2009

Margaritaville

Margaritas are really, REALLY popular in Austin, TX. Make the "A Charmed Life" glass truly authentic-looking by stamping it on vellum , then paper piecing just the liquid with this awesome Astrobright Green Textured CS from Paper Temptress, has kind of a bubbly, hammered look to the paper which perfectly mimics a slushy frozen concoction! Putting it behind the velum would have more realistic I suppose, but you see less of that cool texture that way, this way also you don't have to worry about hiding your adhesive when you just glue it on top! (Isn't that cool how the colored layers behind show through the glass?) I used this again in the mats plus the other two textured shades, yellow and red. Card base is Paper Temptress Blu Raspberry, and black mat (that's just one big black sqaure by the way behind there, isn't it kind of cool thow that black outline snakes around...?) is Gina K Black Onyx . I painted on a little white from my SU! white craft pad for shine, outlined the rim with Stardust Stickles, and stuck some adhesive metal dots onto the charm ring. Balck ribbon is from the Floral Frenzy kit. I love how this layout turned out: after moving my panels back and forth for longer than I will admit to, I finally decided offsetting them to the edges made a really funky fresh look i was kind of going for a "beach towel"/'club" vibe, how'd I do?

It got up to 82 here today, and it's still officially winter! Who's in need a cold drink...? have a good one! Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. Love my margaritas in Austin (not that I ever drink them, but in theory, if I ever left the house and had fun... LOL!) and I love your cute, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want a margie now!!! Love those colors and so genius to use it as a margarita glass. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, this rocks!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool effect with the vellum glas, Mel, and I love those offset stripes! What a wonderful new set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, what a great idea.... super cool card...

    and refreshing ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soo awesome Mel! I need one now...it's 5 O'clock somewhere right? LOL! Love it with these bright colors, fits perfect with the drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! I love margaritas! Never get to drink them though. Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does make me want to order a drink LOL! Love all of the fun colors.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love how the textured green paper looks so much like a margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW FABULOUS! Love the card, and ohhh, Margaritas...!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think of this as a delicious lime fruit drink...Great card, especially the glass.
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! this is my FAVORITE - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh now this one looks entirely toooo yummy!!! I love the glass in Vellum and the colors showing from behind it are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, Melanie! Love how you used the glass for a maragarita! The paper is perfect! That layout is awesome, too! BTW, I already cased your margarita idea for my Potluck Friday card! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)