Monday, March 23, 2009

Sketch Challenge: Clean and Simple (CAS)


Here's what I made for Kurtis's sketch challenge this week on Stamp TV. The three hearts were cut using a Classic Heart Nestabilitie. Greeting from "A Charmed Life"(I just love this font) is stamped in Memento Black, CS is Gina K Pure Luxury White, and DP is Emily's Rich and Shabby" Digital. I used a black pen and piercing template to extend the dot dot dot to either sie to match the sketch better and add more detail. Originally I was going to make this a single layer card with the cuts through the front and DP inside so it would show through (much more CAS!), but I forgot to take one of my CS shims out of my Cuttlebug sandwich when I went to emboss a square on the front to frame it up and it cut through. So here is "Plan B"! The white layer is popped up over the DP and a half back pearl is attached to the center of each heart with a glue dot.
I hope you'll play along in the sketch challenge, you have until 8 AM CST on Thursday 3/26 to upload a card for a chance at a free set of stamps!

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Melanie - this is to die for gorgeous! Here I wasn't so sure I liked CAS but you're proving me wrong - this is just fab! Hugs n smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty... simple, clean and very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, Melanie. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of this, and the pearls add a lovely touch!! Beautiful, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your clean & simple sketch. Gorgeous with those pearls. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this look. It reminds of a black tie event, very classy. Are the hearts from the concentric set? Great great card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)