Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dino-Mite!

Here's a quick and different card I created with "Wee Tees" and the little dino image(on of my faves in the set!) I pieced the onesie in some DCWV Spring Stack DP and then added some white spots to his body and spikes (and toes!) with my Inkssentials pen to match the polka dot paper. I also outlined the ribbing in white.
Then I inked up the jumbo sponge dauber Gina sells in Certainly Celery and made a spotted pattern on my Pure Luxury White base. Love how perfectly round the sponging comes out with that!

Then I framed it with some safety pins (cheap and cute "baby" embellishment!) adhered with glue dots and rounded the bottom of the base with my small corner rounder punch. That's it! Hope you like it!
Have great day!

13 comments:

  1. Melanie: I really like the background you made with the dauber, great technique as usual. The onsies are so cute and the dinosaur is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the spounge daubers and wonderful pin accent.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooo stinking cute Mel!! LOVE it! So very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, this is so cute! I love the way you created the background with the sponge dauber...It is just adorable with the pins too! I just so *heart* this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool layout with the baby pins and making your own DP background. (BTW-do you pick the word verification characters? Mine was "nonap", which I found terribly appropriate for a WeeTees card :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, so so cute! I'm lovin' those safety pins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just so clever Mel. Love how nice the dauber dots turn out and the safety pin border is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super stinkin cute. Love all the safety pins to frame the image too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea to use safety pins as a border. I also really like the big sponge dauber spots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! I like how you did the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh, the ideas you come up with. (stalks off to laboratory to design machine to tap into Melanie's ideas - insert maniacal laugh here)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet - funny - I don't think I could stamp those circles as evenly as you did!
    everything is easy for you!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)