Friday, August 14, 2009

Arranged with Love Notepad

Here is a notepad I altered last month but hadn't shared yet ("Arranged with Love", I've missed you the past couple weeks LOL! I've always loved brown with aqua, and I was inspired one day at the mall when I saw a beautiful sundress in a fabulous, brown, white and turquoise floral print! I just had to recreate it with the "Arranged with Love" stamp! I stamped the image onto Pure Luxury White in Vivid Coffee Bean ink, left the roses uncolored and used a brown Copic for the background and a turquoise for the leaves. Isn't that fun?? So don't be afraid to try some wacky, unnatural color combos with these flowers; if you like the colors, it WILL work!! (This looks so close to the inspiration piece, I wish I'd had a camera that day!)
You can find these 5x7 note pads in inexpensive packs of 4 or 5. I cut a piece of Cool Caribbean CS the same size as the pad for the front cover, and a piece of Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss the same width as the pad but a few inches longer and scored twice so it would come up and over the top of the pad. Adhere these to the front and back of the pad with Scor-Tape.
After I took the pic of materials needed I decided to add another panel of white CS I Cuttlebugged with D-Vine Swirls. See first pic. Isn't the large framed flower image pretty on this larger format? Sentiment is from "Many Wishes", the free set from last month but now available for purchase!
Another hop coming up tonight, it should be a very fun weekend!! Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

  1. very clever! and just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Melanie! I will have to add the notebook project to my "tom make" list! I just received your stamp sets "Arranged with Love" and "A Year of Flowers" in the mail yesterday and I just can't wait to get stampin' with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice notepad Melanie! Love the colors and need to try one of these soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I love this idea Melanie. I make DVD Tin notebooks all the time, Now I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for continuously showing new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    This one has is very classical.
    You are very creative and I could say talented, but I prefer the word hardwork, because to achieve this quality it's about working hard.

    Have fun,

    José

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)