Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Brother

Here is a little two piece (well, three piece if you count the hat from "Just So Sporty"!) set I made using "Wee Tees" and some solid Basic Grey DP. If you stamp the onesie image onto two pieces of paper and then draw a line through the middle of one (here the Pure Luxury Ivory) you can create little tops and bottoms from the image, which is a fun (and sporty!) way to change up the onesie! The outfit is made to look like something his little sister might wear. I paper pieced the middle of the ivory section onto the orange DP so the sleeves would be burnt orange as well.

I made this card for the son of some friends of ours (UT alums) who at age 3 recently became a proud big brother. The little star on the shirt and cap is also from "Just So Sporty" and all greetings on this card are from "Wee Tees".

I used my Scor-Bug to create the stitched borders and Square Scalloped nestabilitie for the mat. just a bit of shadowing with a pale gray marker will give your cut out images a lot of dimesnion.

Happy Monday! Two tip sheets this week plus TWO guest design spots, get ready! :)

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute Melanie....love the onesie :o) Looking forward to seeing who your next Guest Designers are...two fab sets you have again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cute! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent amazes me. I just got the mosaic stamp and I am thrilled. I can't wait to find the time to play with it. I have been drooling for it! It was so not in my budget but sometimes, the budget must go on hold and you have to have it! Love all you do. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benjamin is quite possessive over his card :) When I show off cards people have given me, he always grabs his and says "that's mine!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how CUTE! I bet MOMMY loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAWWW Melanie, this is adorable! You did a great job making a sweet sweet little card. entinati

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)