Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Wheelie Miss You!

Here's a card I shared at our party and just realized I hadn't blogged it yet! This uses three sets: "Inspiration Mosaic", Rupa's scooter form "Are We There Yet?"(painted pink here for your best girlfriend!) aaaand, my little frog from "Hip Hop Accessories"! Who knew how well this frog would fit? (or that they could ride scooters??) Can I just say how much I love him waving and posing here??? I didn't use a stamp positioner, just stamped the scooter first and then eyeballed it. His little webby hand will just be resting on the handle and his tippy toe on the frame. :)



I chose a piece of striped paper (DCWV Spring Stack) with the lines going horizontally to suggest the forward movement of the scooter, then used circles of Black Onyx to frame up him and my embellishments (some buttons from Basic Grey Cupcake pack) that were a nice match for the pastels in my DP. I place the buttons at intersections of the grid and placed my focal point on the opposite side, see how you eye follows the piece back and forth down the card? Finally I added the circles trim stamp from "Inspiration Mosaic" above and below Rupa's greeting, (there I go again with the circles!) to "wheelie" tie this theme all together. ;)



Are you ready for the "Inspiration Mosaic" Blog Hop tomorrow? Feel free to add this banner to your blog to let people knowabout the hop and the candy! Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. OMGosh is HE adorable!!! I love the D and wow... you just added to my list of mixable stamps! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Melanie. You are so creative. Looking forward to your blog hop tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun image!! and I love the colours! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super cute and love the Dp
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card put a smile on my face this morning! So Cute! And I was smiling ALL DAY yesterday because my name was drawn for the color challenge on stampTV and I chose Inspiration Mosaic! Can't wait to see all the design ideas tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how great is that!?!! Love it!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Melanie! Love the striped paper and the way you combined stamp sets. Really looking forward to the blog hop tomorrow night...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darn cute! It just made me smile when I saw it! The colors are so pretty too. Who would have ever thought that frogs could ride scooters, not me! LOL! What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love cards that make you smile! that frog is also a "keeper"...looking forward to blog hop!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)