Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sneak Peek: Autumn Beauty, Elegant Verses, and Tropical Blooms

Last day of peeks, the release party is just hours away, woo hoo! Today we have THREE sets, first up is Theresa Momber's "Autumn Beauty". It such a gorgeous mix of fall images! One of my favorites in the set is a sunflower blowing in the wind. Theresa's wonderful detail and shading in her illustrations give a wonderful vintage feel, but I wanted to share how you can mix them up with modern elements for another look!

I took the small solid and outline circle images from "Inspiration Mosaic" and stamped my patterned background, using Vivid Coffee Bean ink on Pure Luxury Soft Sand. I chose to repeat the brown circle elements all over my card to go with the flower's center. I created the punched sunflower at top using oval punches, a circle and scallop punch, and my Crop-o-dile to emboss small and large circles in the center for seeds! Base is Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss. I threw on a strip on green accented with more "Inspiration Mosaic" dots and her new greeting (which I happen to love being a native Texan, yes, I am!): "Happy Fall Y'all!" Her adorable mailbox on the envelope is the perfect finishing touch!


Next I have a sample using "Elegant Verses" by Nina Brackett. The verses in this set all coordinate with her "Elegant Post" set from last month, you will love all the new options you have to go with those images. I thought you'd be seeing a with the post in our hop today, so I thought I'd share something using a verse with another Gina K Designs set, "Home Tweet Home" from Rupa Shevde. You'll definitely want both "elegant" sets, but this set will work double duty with your other images in your collection, too! :)

I stamped the verse (it fit, yeah!) and bird in to the boxes of "Inspiration Mosaic" and pieced a few of the boxes with DP to match the colors of Copics I used for the bird and flowers. Card base is Pure Luxury Green Apple. So tweet!


Last we have the "Free with Three" set, "Tropical Blooms" by Gina K! You all got the free with three "Tropical Windows" from last month, right?? (If not, it will be available to purchase Thursday at 10PM, and you can get this new one free when you throw three or more sets in the cart!) Yep, Gina pulled the flowers out of the windows and separated the elements so you can make your own focal points and backgrounds with these beautiful chunky images. Since this set doesn't have any greetings (they will work with ANY others you have!) I decided to share a simple card without a sentiment. My favorite image is this swirly flower, partly because it reminds me of agapanthus, but also because it doubles as a great flourish!
I stamped just the bloom onto Soft Sand in Memento Tuxedo Back and then again for my focal point on Pure Luxury White (die cut with a Labels Four Nestabilitie). I embossed a Cuttlebug border, one that echoed the the design of the bloom) over the edge to add some texture and dimension and tucked a punched black Large Flourish (one of my FAVE punches of all time!) at the bottom corner. Adhered to Black Onyx and base weight Pure Luxury White and it's done! Isn't that elegant?

To see more inspiration with the stamps previewed today, visit Gina's blog, the illustrator of Tropical Blooms as well as Theresa Momber, the illustrator of Autumn Beauty, and Nina Bracket , the illustrator of Elegant Verses.
For even more projects with tonight's two stamp sets, these Senior Design Team Members are participating in previews today: Asela, Carolyn, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Erika Jessica, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, and Melanie as well as our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team members:Shelly Wilson and Charlene Merrick



Our Release Party starts Thursday night at 7 pm CST. Please join us for contests questions, challenges, lots of chatter as well as a ton more samples shared by the Senior Design team members and our CenterStage Spotlight team too. See you tomorrow night!

24 comments:

  1. pretty cards! I love the big punched sunflower you made on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Melanie! What a great mix of cards today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh they are all wonderful, Melanie!! LOVE the bird on your Inspirational Mosaic... great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great cards tonight, Melanie!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza Mel!!! That sunflower card is soooo coooool!!! Gorgeous samples and designs!!! I also just adore your Inspiration Mosaic with sooooo many stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie Your cards are awesome. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, love these! Gorgeous sunflower card, with that fabbo punched sunflower. Love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards. I love the sunflower idea. Just made sunflowers for my cake, and now I've got a quick idea for a matching card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your cards are jaw-dropping stunning. I'm not sure I could pick a favorite tonight if asked. Amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! Such a great variety of colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone had such different ideas on these stamps and you are no exception! I just love them all, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome samples! Love how you combine sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! I love how you combined sets! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Melanie!!! Love the way you did the big sunflower and the bird card is so soft and pretty...I just love them all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you mixed the various stamp sets, and know that I really need to buy your Mosaic set. I really love everything I see made using that set you designed, Mel.
    Beautiful, beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Mel. Love the HUGE sunflower on the first one - it's one of my fave flowers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All beautiful! How could anyone choose a special one from these great choices?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Melanie! I love the big sunflower on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)