Monday, August 17, 2009

Stitched Mosaic

I have a nature inspired "Inspiration Mosaic" for you today, using Gina's "Tree Silhouettes" images and greeting. I colored on the images directly with brown and olive markers and stamped them onto the olive stamped grid (mat is Pure Luxury Soft Sand) grid, masking the edges of the frame.
TIP: Be sure to stamp the images again without reinking so you get the fainter version for some that look farther away. Next, I sponged some Cream White ink over it for clouds to give it some atmosphere, and created the sun/moon by sponging over a punched circle before removing it. I drew the little birds by hand. It is so faint in this pic (that I might just need to stamp it again!), but I stamped a faint mountain from Theresa's "Happy Camper" set where the circle is in Versamark, makes it feel like a complete scene (but I guess I need to rei-nk my Versamark pad, LOL!). Last, I distressed the edges of the mat, adhered it to my Pure Luxury Green Apple Card base, and then stamped the stitched line from "Inspiration Mosaic" all around the border in Vivid Coffee Bean. I love how easy it is to make borders with this set, it is so simple to line up with a small grid line acrylic block.

Happy Monday, hope you week is off to a good start! Tomrrow I'll share cropping the grid and making some custom DP, stay tuned! :)

22 comments:

  1. I love this card Melanie. Everything about it --- the color, the scene, everything. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I just love tree cards. Using the grid would have never occurred to me! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Melanie. This is so beautiful. I definitely want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! I love how you stamped off the trees and created the tranquil scene! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow- wow- wow! Absolutely love this! It's gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Melanie. I chuckled at your comment about re-inking your versamark pad. I realized the other day that I still use (un-reinked (is that a word) ) the original versamark that I ever purchased, which may have been in 1994......... How is that for quality? Maybe I stamp and there is really nothing there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me. This is very inspiring - I can't wait to try it..

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous. I wasn't sure I liked the mosaic layout until I saw this card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, I absolutely love that you can use just about any stamp set with this stamp. Love it Very Serene card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful sentiment and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so serene Melanie! I want to be there.... :o) Love the way you stamped the trees and that sentiment. You set is just amazing and there are endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh ... I love it! Thanks for the inspiration - I am going to own the set soon - yippee!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is totally stunning! you always do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, peaceful card, Melanie! Hope you are doing well, take good care and have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melanie! How lovely!! I've been thinking about doing an Asian scene with my Mosaic and I've think you've given me an idea!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Durn - I knew I was going to have to spend some more $$$$ - as if it wasn't already on my list..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning - absolutely love it. Mel you rock my world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO BEAUTIFUL! I can practically smell the pine trees, and the stitching adds a wonderful extra touch. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. card is beautiful - great job on lining up that stitched border - looking forward to your tutorial, I'm having a hard time keeping my lines straight when I use the little borders...you already know I love this stamp LOL
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this card, mountain or no mountain! Question: You said you sponged over a punched circle for the sun/moon. Afterwards, did you just sponge some color inside the circle?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, Mel! Thanks for the tutorial. LOVE how this card turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)