Sunday, August 2, 2009

STV Color Challenge

I meant to share this earlier, but we've had so much going on with our sneak peeks, there is still one more day to participate in Jen Marie's color challenge at STV! This week is pink and green, so I went really muted by stamping my background grid from "Inspiration Mosaic" in GRAY ink and then coloring it with pastel shades of green and pink Copics. The tulip from "A Year of Flowers" is cut out and popped up, I matted this on Certainly Celery. I love how the blossom is framed up on its own and then the stem leads your eye down to the boxed sentiment! Can I just say, I am still just SO excited about this cool font every time I stamp up a greeting from this set!!! :)

TIP: have your matching colored blocks bounce around the card to move your eye around, see how the pinks work their way down and the greens go back and forth right to left to right again?

Play the challenge, maybe win some stamps! ALL new color challenge on Monday and a winner from last week announced!

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink and green together. And I LOVE your stamp designs, Melanie! I am saving my change in hopes of getting your last three sets before the end of August. And in eager anticipation of what you will come up with next!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again - you have done it once again!
    I love this stamp!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as usual! I like Pink and Green together. Don't have any of your stamps...yet, but do have the SU Certainly Celery CS....LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)