Friday, August 28, 2009

"A Year Of Leaves"

"A Year of Leaves" is now available for purchase from Gina K Designs! (How 'bout that party last night, weren't the design team and CSS gals on fire??) This is a year round set including an assortment of leaves and nature images with coordinating quotes and greetings to suit any occasion, and I have to say, is one of my favorite releases already!

Here is a super simple one, using a piece of sky paper from a DP slab I had, but you could easily create clouds with a bit of sponging. I wanted this card to evoke the feeling you get when are blue or missing someone then get that little "nudge" from God, or a loved one, from a leaf falling in your path, as if an angel's watching over you... :) One leaf is popped up in front of this sympathy quote on the Labels Four die, I chose this die because it frames the sentiment so nicely and the shape echoes both leaves and clouds... Card base is Pure Luxury Green Apple.

I made this card for our release party last night, I'd like to go back and add some more details but I was in a hurry! All week I'd been meaning to mask some of my new leaves under the blooms from "A Year of Flowers", (I used just the sunflower from that set here) as fall bouquets are some my very favorite! These two sets compliment each other perfectly!
This uses the SCS color challenge CC233 for the week: red, chocolate and Kraft, I used all Gina K Pure Luxury CS for my card.

I am so excited about the response this set has gotten and can't wait for your sets to start arriving so I can see your leafy creations! You can see more samples today using "A Year of Leaves" from the lovely and talented Sharon Johnson, Laurie Schmidlin, and Geri Utterback! Thank you SO much ladies for stamping with my designs and sharing your artwork and talent with us today! :) look for more samples, a tip sheet and mid month blog hop with the set coming soon!
Have a terrific weekend! (Next up, the new "School Sports, and Spirit!" You can see a fabulous project using this set NOW at Melissa's blog, my guest designer for the "School Sports, Spirit!" set this month! Check it out!) :)

11 comments:

  1. These are both just gorgeous creations, Melanie -- LOVE them!!! Love the absolute simplicity of the cloud card and the sunflower card is AMAZING!!! GREAT SET! Thanks so much for the opportunity to play with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are gorgeous. The flowers and leaves card doesn't need anything else. It is absolutely perfect as is. The tan background really makes the flowers and leave pop off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! The first is perfect CAS style with the blue sky background being the perfect way to pop the sentiment, while the second card is a vibrant taste of Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Melanie...love the simple look of the first one and the layering of images on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both of these so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are gorgeous and I LOVE your new stamp set....!!! You have such wonderful quotes with beautiful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!!! Your new sets both rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love your stamps and style, Melanie, and had a great time at the release party last night! Thanks for inspiring us all with your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love everything you showed us last night - tried to comment but it was crazy!! want this set but having to wait ...need to decide on either Autumn or Christmas ..and I know I'm going to want everything you all do with Christmas !!! ohhhhh, need to find a "cash-cow"...whatever that term means lol
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)