Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bean Thinking...

Oure sneak peeks are starting Sunday night, eeeek, so excited!* So that means I'm doing Mosaic Monday" a little early, hope that works for you! ;) Today I used the "Inspiration Mosaic" with two images I had never used from Rupa's "My Cuppa Joe", (can you believe it, I always go for the mugs LOL! But the "to go" cup is sooo cute pieced, here I used Basic Grey.) The grid shows me exactly where to put my images and sentiment.

I used two Long Rectangle Scalloped Nestabilities behind my Creamy Caramel mat, to match my scalloped punch under the circle. I stamped just the beans repeatedly at the bottom to make a big pile and then colored them with two brown Copics. Card base is Cool Caribbean, I love pairing aqua with brown. The dashed lines at the corners and around the greeting rectangle are fun to match with the border on Rupa's labels.

Coffee...mmm mmm good!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my this is perfect- I love the to go cup paper pieced- I always struggle with how to color it! I need to pull out both of these sets and play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just gonna tell you what I just said to the puter...oh that is sooooooooo cute :) Yep, your cards make me talk to myself!! Absolutely love the endless possibilities with the Inspiration Mosaic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of this one Melanie. I forget about Cool Carribean and love it with the chocolate. Great use with the Mosaic... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the aqua and browns. Thanks for the inspirations. Enjoy checking in
    each day to see what lovely card you come up with for us to admire.
    Gladys R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must get this mosiac!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool paper piecing on the cup! And I love the flood of beans across the bottom. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! fav color combo..I have about 6 sheets of Cool Carib left ..looking forward to first preview tonight !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great, Mel. I love that mosaic stamp...

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)