Friday, September 18, 2009

Fruitful Harvest Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us for the "Fruitful Harvest" blog hop! The quote about love being a fruit in reach every hand inspired me to put these juicy apples with a pair of the hands from my "Hand in Hand" set! Reaching across the top corner eliminated the need for a ribbon treatment. Images were colored with Copics and cut out, the sentiment is framed up in a Labels Nine die. I left the die on after cutting and sponged on some Antique Linen Distressing ink and stamped a little of the crackle image from "Bold Flowers" to add a little patina to my tag. I loved how these red octagons on the Basic Grey Offbeat print looked a little like apples. :) Card base is Pure Luxury Soft Sand.


For even more inspiration with the Fruitful Harvest stamp set, head over to Asela Hopkin's blog, the illustrator of this beautiful stamp set. She has also asked her friend Deb Felts to share a card with us tonight too!

Then, take the time to check out all the other GinaK Design Team Member's sharing projects tonight on their blogs:


and our CenterStage spotlight designers:

27 comments:

  1. Aw, Melanie!! I LOVE this - how perfect to use your hand images with this set!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the hands on this card it works great and the apples look yummy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card! Love it and the hands are just the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two stamp sets are just great together!! I really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, I love your apple, love your coloring and it looks like you can just pick it up and take a bite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie- I love the way you combined sets! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The apples look good enough to eat. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! How perfect.. how beautiful... how truly elegant but... yet... so simple and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my LANDS Mel!!!!!! The hand image is just stunning and so meaningful with the apples and verse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it...the hands look fantastic with that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome... the apple looks good enough to eat right off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's perfect! Love the hands combined with my images. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Combining these two sets is so perfect for this sentiment, Melanie. What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Melanie! Love the offbeat paper with this and the nestie, great design :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! The hands go so good with this saying.
    naneruth

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors in the apple are absolutely stunning. The dp you pick makes this an outstanding card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Melanie!! Love the apples and hands, and the sentiment is perfect.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, I love how you paired these two images together with this quote! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a fantastic card. I loved the way you had the hands holding at the top and the colors were great!!! I hope one day to be as creative as all you on this hopp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)